Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russian language owner video (car in California)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my opinion, this is the most informative video review I have seen so far, at least the first half of the video. You don't have to speak Russian to get the drift of what he is saying. This is what I found revealing:
- first time I've heard the horn. I was afraid it was going to be an "excuse me" horn but it sounds authoritative enough.
- shows the backing and attachment tape on the front license plate holder.
- nice look at the polished door sill plates
- first demonstration of how the driver profiles work
- first demonstration of warning and notification sounds
- shows the location of the wiper fluid reservoir
- nifty location for tow hook storage
- shows the latch points in the frunk for when you want to put your kid in his car seat in there. :p
- shows the USB connection for the car phone caddy. Contrary to my concern, this appears to be easy to use and quite secure.
- driver easily activates the touch pad controls with a single light touch contrary to what I have seen in other videos.
- it appears that the driver activates the rear camera from controls on the steering wheel rather than from the screen. Very handy.
- the car obviously has EAP and the driver is very comfortable with hands off the steering wheel for periods of time on the freeway.
- the owner is not a petite man and he looks comfortable in the car, both front and back seat.
- first time to see the aero covers in a color. Most people will probably hate the look while a few of us will like it (see my avatar)

I am grateful for any information on the TM3! :D

Also useful for me was finding out how I can get in and out of the car. He is taller but I'm old and stiff and fat. So it would work, confirmed with this video.

Reactions: T34ME
Great info from the video, but how does a Model 3 get sold in Russia when they are only available so far in the US to Tesla employees?
I haven't watched the whole video but I can tell that it was filmed in the SF Bay Area.

You can see him getting on highway 280 north at 16:52. I recognize that freeway terrain w/the winding back and forth w/dry grass on the hills even though I hardly ever drive on 280.

At 20:49, you see the exit for Page Mill Road in Palo Alto. Assuming I have the direction right, that's roughly at Google Maps. Here's some 280 north footage I found

We had a Model 3 show up to my work (my employer is in no way related to Tesla, SpaceX and Solarcity) and folks who spoke to the (unknown) driver said the driver's wife works for Tesla. We had another or the same Model 3 show up days later. I know that driver (haven't worked with him a bit in the past) but haven't talked to him about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoTslaGo
how does a Model 3 get sold in Russia when they are only available so far in the US to Tesla employees?
I haven't watched the whole video but I can tell that it was filmed in the SF Bay Area.
The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!
t3612.gif