Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The path to a post Russian empire world is not completely safe for any of us. But long term it gives us the best hope for a lasting peace, at least from that part of the world. China is another problem, but one at a time...
My concern has always been that at some point Russia would try to declare peace and lock in its territorial/etc gains and leave a frozen conflict simmering ready for the next round. We must prevent that happening. (That would also be one of the better outcomes from a Chinese perspective, unfortunately). Today's UNGA vote is important. This must only end with Russia completely out.

Well here´s the catch. Let´s face it:
There´s absolutely no question that none of the current Russian players will get out of this conflict alive.
One way or another. They cannot, they will never be able to return to a civilized "life".
And they know it. Thats the fear factor oozing out every single statement from the last men standing, especially Dimitry Medwedev.
We cannot just isolate them while the international war crime prosecutors tread water in Den Hague.
The Oligarchs, the Government, Putin let alone his minions, enablers, are completely inebt to cut back, reflect, declare a defeat and share their losses.

It´s not in their system, in their education, their core values. They came this far, now there´s no solution for them.
We are witnessing a complete defunct, mentally ill clique of psychopaths and kleptocrats which prefer death to disgrace if worst comes to worst.
They´re already killing their allies, next men and fellow Oligarchs.
Enter the "death cult".
That´s why they are already playing the "death yearn card" through various channels and trying to set the tone, a tone that´s been prevalent in the Slavic mindset for a long time.

That´s the fundamentalist 1x1 playbook no matter which religion. The martyr yearn. Death as the solution to all mere critical challenges.
The sacrifice as a metaphor to reaching a higher level. How trivial.

Here´s a brilliant piece of journalism, summarizig the status quo of their "preparations"-
"life is overrated":

How will the West conquer a mentally ill society as a whole?

Last edited:
Well here´s the catch. Let´s face it:
There´s absolutely no question that none of the current Russian players will get out of this conflict alive.
One way or another. They cannot, they will never be able to return to a civilized "life".
And they know it. Thats the fear factor oozing out every single statement from the last men standing, especially Dimitry Medwedev.
We cannot just isolate them while the international war crime prosecutors tread water in Den Hague.
The Oligarchs, the Government, Putin let alone his minions, enablers, are completely inebt to cut back, reflect, declare a defeat and share their losses.

It´s not in their system, in their education, their core values. They came this far, now there´s no solution for them.
We are witnessing a complete defunct, mentally ill clique of psychopaths and kleptocrats which prefer death to disgrace if worst comes to worst.
They´re already killing their allies, next men and fellow Oligarchs.
Enter the "death cult".
That´s why they are already playing the "death yearn card" through various channels and trying to set the tone, a tone that´s been prevalent in the Slavic mindset for a long time.

That´s the fundamentalist 1x1 playbook no matter which religion. The martyr yearn. Death as the solution to all mere critical challenges.
The sacrifice as a metaphor to reaching a higher level. How trivial.

Here´s a brilliant piece of journalism, summarizig the status quo of their "preparations"-
"life is overrated":

How will the West conquer a mentally ill society as a whole?

Or is it instead just more of the lies and maskirovka (Russian Military Deception) to try and scare us into letting the Dictator have his way?...

Someone posted speculation a while back in the thread, that the reason Medvedev is making all of his completely outlandish statements is to position him firmly 110% in the pro-Putin camp. And if he didn't say stuff like that, then he could face a very, very real risk of being the next Russian 'higer-up' that throws himself out of a window (or is 'exposed' as being 'corrupt' and thrown into jail)...

That article you posted also doesn't mention with a single word that the top hierarchy of the current Russian Ortodox Church was literally created by Stalin during WWII as a part of the KGB. And that the Russian Ortodox Church to this day is in fact just another branch of the continuation of the KGB – the FSB... So that is at least one non-trivial part that the author of that piece has either completely missed, or for some reason refrains from mentioning even though he expressly writes about the Russian Ortodox Church's head FSB Puppet...

I wrote about the Russian Ortodox Church = FSB some 51 pages back in this thread. Here:

Last edited:
More clarity on tank numbers

But what a maintenance & logistics nightmare

A 45 minute summary of the war. I hadn't heard of Scripps News before. They seem legit. One media watchdog rated them as slightly less left leaning and slightly more accurate than the NYT.

@36:43:

"Why do you have an American flag?"

"It's just to irritate occupants and Russians."

Scripps is an old news company founded in the 1870s in Ohio. Their reporting is pretty reasonable. No news organization is perfect, but any organization that makes a serious effort to get the story right is OK.

Activists park burnt-out tank outside Russian Embassy in Berlin

Anti-war activists on Friday parked a bombed-out Russian tank in front of the Russian embassy in Berlin, as thousands of protesters across Europe prepared to march against Moscow's invasion of Ukraine.

Ukraine’s Ambassador to Germany Oleksii Makeiev was also on hand at the tank protest to thank Lenze and Giebel.

“Don’t panic,” he tweeted. "The Russian T-72 tank previously sighted in Berlin has already been destroyed by Ukrainian forces so this death machine could no longer pose a threat to the people of Europe.”

On ABC News just now, President Biden said he has ruled out sending F16s to Ukraine. He has not ruled it out for the future.

It bothers me how we are stringing along the support.

Military support should be overwhelming, and it should be NOW. M1Ax Abrams and F16s, by the hundreds. Along with all the logistics Ukraine needs to properly service and maintain them.

Military support should be overwhelming, and it should be NOW. M1Ax Abrams and F16s, by the hundreds. Along with all the logistics Ukraine needs to properly service and maintain them.
Word is, it takes six months training at a minimum. Hopefully there are several dozen Ukrainian pilots training secretly in the West as we speak. F-16s will be needed for their long-term defense, roll out timing aside.

I agree, but I suspect that the military is saying no for now. Or maybe this is in the works and they don't want the Russians to know. This administration has proven it can keep secrets. Also it wasn't clear if this only applies to US owned F16s or all F16s.

Agreed. Probably worried about Chinese escalation (perhaps Chinese have pointedly stated aircraft means we definitely arm Russia)

I agree, but I suspect that the military is saying no for now. Or maybe this is in the works and they don't want the Russians to know. This administration has proven it can keep secrets. Also it wasn't clear if this only applies to US owned F16s or all F16s.

Recently the US has given the green light for other countries to give F-16s.

Interview with Ukrainian intelligence chief Krylo Budanov. Hopefully the translation will post correctly
«Величезний наступ» росіян навіть не всі помічають. Чому Кирило Буданов впевнений, що весною настане переломний момент у війні. Велике інтервʼю Forbes — Forbes.ua