Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Rumor] Nose cone will be body colored on the X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
Two years ago I wrapped to match.

If consistency matters, I still don't like the looks, but respect that tastes differ.
While I don't care for the nose cone, I do like the contrast and not the body-color versions. One of the great things about the Model S design is it doesn't look like a spacey electric-mobile - the contrasted (black) nose cone keeps the "air intake" look of a traditional ICE vehicle. I would prefer the nose cone be inverted but I know this would be inefficient for aerodynamics.

It is crazy. When I posted my nose cone wrap 2 years ago I was vilified. Almost universally flamed. Now it seems to be accepted, even praised - evolution!

So sorry if you got flamed, I'm sure that was unnecessary. Anyway personally, I'm not sure I like a body-colored nosecone if it is implemented like the Model S nosecone.

What I like about these images are the fairly consistent rumors that Model X will feature something new (gone? body colored?) in the nosecone area - and subsequent speculation a Model S facelight might follow. In that regard your images now are very timely and quite useful to give a glimpse of what it could be like, if true.

Personally I'd prefer the chrome trim being gone altogether, see the top concept below:

attachment.php?attachmentid=84625&d=1434709010.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=84628&d=1434710442.jpg

Source: [Concept] Model X image without nose-cone and A pillar cross-beam - Page 3

Worth noting that this rumor started from an unsubstantiated source and that colored nose cones will just add parts inventory and production complexity; personal preferences aside it's only going to happen if Tesla believes that it will increase sales.

Of course, Model X might not have a nose cone at all.

Last edited:
Hopefully I am not stating the obvious, but if you own a black Model S, isn't your nosecone already the same color of the car???? So the only difference is that you can have your painted, wrapped or whatever to match the color of your car if is not black.... Doesn't change the look of the car all that much. Looks nice, but not something that makes me jump out of my seat.