Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Round cap under door—what is it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what the function of this round cap under the door is? I’m missing one of those in my front door and I’m trying to figure out if worth the hassle of going to service to have them add one.

Attachments

• C2BF1830-B54B-4FC5-84B7-B5238AD95247.jpeg
    C2BF1830-B54B-4FC5-84B7-B5238AD95247.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 69
Does anyone know what the function of this round cap under the door is? I’m missing one of those in my front door and I’m trying to figure out if worth the hassle of going to service to have them add one.
I am not sure but I think it is a pressure release for when the doors are closed. The pressure can spike and crack a window when the doors are closed

Usually those are some type of access "port" used in the manufacturing or service process. Have them get you a plug so it will keep debris out and just look better.

If for venting, it would have a one-way valve of sorts on it to allow flow out.

Thanks all for responses. Would anyone know why it’s missing? I’ve had the door handle replacement there but not sure if that’s something they need to remove.

Either mfg oversight or it was not inserted fully and just fell out without being noticed. Use your app to schedule appt and send a picture of it missing. Should not be difficult to get one sent.