Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 85D 2015. Door control issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a, for me, a problem that makes me mad. First the left driver door did not push up the window under the list, so i have to use passanger door right to close it if it raining outside. Them after a time the left passanger door not present and i have to open it from thet left drivers door. Then suddenly a very warm day to be in northen Norway, 25 degrees celsius, the left drivers door black out when my wife...of coarse all this hoppende when my wife haveing her fingers on this car....she opened the drivers door window and when it reach bortom of the door leaf it all loose power. It was not possible to operate non of the Windows from the drivers door control. The window could not be cloased and non other of the buttons on the drivers panel either. All on right side function as normaly, but the right side window is not functioning from the drivers control.

I found a wire break in the rubber grommit between car and doorleaf...this was a thick black wire to the window elevator motor...i have fixed this and cheched all others wire between car an door on both left door...by logging ohm...i have also logged all the fuses by ohm..(checed fuse for function)..all fuse okay. I have also taken out the window and checked booth door handels on left side...found one wire breakdance on the downlight drivers door..fixed this also...checed all the wires in handels for function. I have also tryed another door control unit...from a used car in same model and year...but i just plugged and tryed.. is there in this case need for some reboot or reseting after pugging in another part like the door control unit?

Now I is on track to try a new harness but I have a feeling that this not is the solution. Is there anybody ho have a tip in this case, I would be sencerly pleased.

Mvh R