Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roof Sun Shade - recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are the temp measurements with EVglass vs sunroof

parked for an hour under sun
Evglass 121 f
Sunroof 136 f
Outside temp 73f

After driving with AC set to 74
Evglass 94 f
Sunroof 109 f
Outside temp 73

So about 15 degree difference. I wonder what the temp difference will be when summer gets to 100+ degrees. I can feel the difference, less direct heat from the sun as well.

I am new to the EV world. I really don’t need to see out my glass roof, ever. Is there a light weight simple way to cover the roof, insulate it and never touch it again. Like maybe a sheet of white pvc 1/4 “ thick. Trying to decide whether to mount it on inside or on top of roof rack.
It would be nice to be able to haul lumber and do useful stuff without dinging up the car.
Thoughts?

I am new to the EV world. I really don’t need to see out my glass roof, ever. Is there a light weight simple way to cover the roof, insulate it and never touch it again. Like maybe a sheet of white pvc 1/4 “ thick. Trying to decide whether to mount it on inside or on top of roof rack.
It would be nice to be able to haul lumber and do useful stuff without dinging up the car.
Thoughts?
Paul lumber on a roof rack. I m interested. Any pics

Thoughts?
I wouldn’t mount a flat panel outside the car. Who knows how that will affect stability at speed. You could always cover the outside of the roof glass in vinyl (like that one YouTuber did).

Thoughts?
Careful mounting thick heavy plastic sheets on the inside. During an accident those could break lose and seriously injure the occupants.

This is the one I just put in and is much better than others I have tried. Very easy to install and does not have the treaded sag in the middle.

That looks pretty good. Has any one else tried it? I am thinking of getting the white one. I am looking for whatever will help keep the interior from getting too extremely hot when you have to park in the sun.

Is that one any different than the 40$ amazon two piece ones? Looks exactly the same
I have one that I got on flash sale on Amazon for $30. Now it’s $50 if it matters. I put it on. No gaps with the car trim and the shade. Very simple to install. It doesn’t look like the roof lining of my other car that doesn’t have a the glass roof.

I don’t look up in at the “ceiling” of any of my cars. I think I looked at it once. Afterwards, I don’t even realize it’s tyere.

I would say there would be no difference in any of these shades.m, appearance wise. It’s knot like your going to spend $40 on amazon for a roof shade is going to trash the interior appearance and if you spend $100 for the tesla one or $1000 for something else, it ll make your roof ceilings shade look like a Bentley GT.

That price is absurd. I know it depends on your local market but that is crazy high. Is it IRX film at least?

I tinted my MYP windshield, roof, all side windows, and rear for $880. That’s with XPEL XR Plus.

My car was only stock for 2 hours but in full FL sun. After with 70% XR Plus is perfect. Nice and cool without impacting visibility out of the roof glass.
I am also in Florida, Can you tell me where did you get the tint? I am looking to tint my Model Y as well

I am also in Florida, Can you tell me where did you get the tint? I am looking to tint my Model Y as well
He did a great job and was very fast. About 2 hours for the entire car. Very clean install. Looks like you are in Orlando though. I'm in South FL.

He did a great job and was very fast. About 2 hours for the entire car. Very clean install. Looks like you are in Orlando though. I'm in South FL.
Thank you so much sharing this.

Is that one any different than the 40$ amazon two piece ones? Looks exactly the same
They are all the same, since they are drop shipped from China when you order, as most Amazon stores don't have their own warehouses.
Anyway, been using this style on my Model 3 since August 2021, and now on my Model Y. Where I live, it regularly reaches 120 degrees in the summer and these do a good job of keeping the heat from reaching your head (I'm 6'1" BTW).
Install can be done with one person, but 2 can get you done in less than 2 minutes. Just simple plastic clips hold the shade in place and where the 2 pieces meet in the middle. No sagging either. Easy to install and easy to remove any time you want. See pics. And no, that's not a light gap on the 2nd pic, it's reflecting light from the front of the car, off the black plastic seam.

Attachments

• PXL_20230606_145643292.jpg
    PXL_20230606_145643292.jpg
    666.7 KB · Views: 281
  • PXL_20230606_145658213.jpg
    PXL_20230606_145658213.jpg
    793.2 KB · Views: 183
Good News!
We have just released a new version of sunshade that may meet your requirements. It offers seamless installation and comes at an affordable price. For more details, you can visit our website! 😊

Looks like a very cool product but the price is difficult to swallow if it ends up not working or fitting well. You should send out some samples for people to review

Reactions: skadoo323
GOOD NEWS!
We have just released a new version of sunshade that may meet your requirements. It offers seamless installation and comes at an affordable price. For more details, please visit our website.

Looks like a very cool product but the price is difficult to swallow if it ends up not working or fitting well. You should send out some samples for people to review
Thank you for your inquiry!We appreciate your concerns. 😊 Rest assured that our product has undergone extensive testing and improvements. We have also received positive feedback from numerous users and influencers.
There are some videos about our product!
And we are committed to providing our customers with the best possible experience and ensuring their satisfaction.
Welcome to our website!
FullShade-Otrifowd

We have just released a new version of sunshade that may meet your requirements. It offers seamless installation and comes at an affordable price. For more details, please visit our website.

Thank you for your inquiry!We appreciate your concerns. 😊 Rest assured that our product has undergone extensive testing and improvements. We have also received positive feedback from numerous users and influencers.
There are some videos about our product!
And we are committed to providing our customers with the best possible experience and ensuring their satisfaction.
Welcome to our website!
FullShade-Otrifowd
After looking at your website and reading your installation guides, it’s pretty obvious you did some direct translation (from whatever language is the primary) into English. Grammar and syntax is incorrect in numerous places.
If you want to be as professional looking as possible, I would recommend having an educated, English speaker review everything on your site and make the necessary corrections. Just my 2 cents.

After looking at your website and reading your installation guides, it’s pretty obvious you did some direct translation (from whatever language is the primary) into English. Grammar and syntax is incorrect in numerous places.
If you want to be as professional looking as possible, I would recommend having an educated, English speaker review everything on your site and make the necessary corrections. Just my 2 cents.
Lol. I m sure the reviews are ALL real as real. 99% it’s Chinese, but I could be wrong.

With stuff on Amazon, if you leave reviews for everything you buy and buy a lot from Amazon, multiple sellers will contact you for free stuff for five star reviews. You buy it, leave a review, once your reviews go live you send them a screenshot, and they will PayPal you the purchase price.

Lol. I m sure the reviews are ALL real as real. 99% it’s Chinese, but I could be wrong.

With stuff on Amazon, if you leave reviews for everything you buy and buy a lot from Amazon, multiple sellers will contact you for free stuff for five star reviews. You buy it, leave a review, once your reviews go live you send them a screenshot, and they will PayPal you the purchase price.
I didn’t say anything about reviews??? I was talking about his website and the install guides.