Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roll call of TMC members and their Model S reservation status (or otherwise)

What's your Model S reservation status (or otherwise) *anywhere in the world*?

• I have a Signature reservation already

Votes: 46 37.7%
  • I have a General Production reservation already (will get a 300, 230 or 160 pack eventually)

Votes: 54 44.3%
  • No reservation yet but, will get a Signature reservation soon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No reservation yet, but, will get a General Production reservation eventually

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I'm sitting on the fence, waiting and watching, yet to decide on the Model S

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I'll probably never get a Model S (might get an X instead or no Tesla at all)

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm... I guess a lot of folks jumped right in on the first day of reservations, March 26th, 2009. I do recall that they had more than 500 reservations in about a week.

I just checked my emails, and it looks like I joined here 4/3/2009 and got my confirmation email from Tesla 4/13/2009. I was thinking maybe it was because I signed up at the Tesla event in NY, but I show that I didn't even get an email about that until the 17th. So who knows :confused:

I was P2840, but I'm S354 as of a few months ago, though with the way production lines ramp up I don't think that difference between the two would amount to more than 3 months. When I made the Sig reservation, the number floating about was "around $80k" though there wasn't anything really saying if that was before or after federal tax credits. The various verbiage seemed to hint that the Sig was something special which mentally I think I assumed that meant it'd be a small reward for early adopters willing to commit the $40k in situation with some non-trivial risk.

It's unclear what the Sig really means though and I'll be bummed if it's just a plaque and a color I don't really want. I'm keeping my Sig reservation until all the option information comes out though and hoping Tesla does right by Sig holders that decide the selection/choice of the Sig options doesn't work for them.

I just checked my emails, and it looks like I joined here 4/3/2009 and got my confirmation email from Tesla 4/13/2009. I was thinking maybe it was because I signed up at the Tesla event in NY, but I show that I didn't even get an email about that until the 17th. So who knows :confused:

I wasn't at the event but reserved online the first day available. I got my first reservation email on the 26th of march (when the money came out of my bank account) and the confirmation on the 31st of march. I didn't get the reservation number emailed to me until the 23rd of June. I know the article says over 500 in a week but a lot of them were R and S reservations so I don't really know why my number is so high.

the number floating about was "around $80k" though there wasn't anything really saying if that was before or after federal tax credits.

The $80k figure bandied for Sig was always after the federal tax rebate. It was $70k for the 300 mile base and $80k for the Sig base. That's why I think it will be $88k at the door and will be missing some highly desired options like air suspension, second 10k charger, and pano roof. It should include leather, prem. trim, and premium audio though. Just stay on good terms with your credit union loan officer. :biggrin:

The impression I got in the beginning was that the reservation sequence depended on when Tesla received your deposit. I wired my money as soon as my credit union opened after the reservations opened up in Canada and received an early number.

I've got US General Production P 22, but may be tempted to switch to the Model X if the wait is only a year or so more.

I wonder how Tesla marketing plans to handle this? I suspect there are many deposit holders like me.
I've had similar thoughts too. Would be great to have a comprehensive comparison before committing to Model S.

My prediction is the Model X will be a Model S with a straight roof (rather than sloping down) to allow more space in the back, obviously a tow hitch, and it will optionally have a second motor up front for 4-wheel drive. That last is probably a $20k option. Sport crossover? :smile:

My prediction is the Model X will be a Model S with a straight roof (rather than sloping down) to allow more space in the back, obviously a tow hitch, and it will optionally have a second motor up front for 4-wheel drive. That last is probably a $20k option. Sport crossover? :smile:

As pictured in the platform adaptability image. But they keep using the word minivan. So it has to be something else.
Tesla-platform-sharing.jpg