Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster production dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just guessing, but I think the VDS date may be the date the battery is manufactured. I think the battery was assembled on the VDS date and waiting for my vehicle's arrival.
I think the VDS date is when the processor is first installed and booted up, on the assembly line in Hethel. Or maybe just before installation, when the processor module is prepared and put into the parts bin for that station.

Reactions: Retiredeh
Well, trying to put them in exact sequential groups by month isn't totally accurate as it seems they jumped around a bit.
I noticed these out of sequence:
p284.jpg

p314.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Mark77a
My's US#670, production dat August 17, 2009. I seem to be a few weeks ahead of the numbers you have posted. They make a special effort to deliver my car on my birthday (August 29), which they did.

I just read a note from a reliable source saying that the very first 2.5 was VIN # 964. Unless Tesla Motors delivered more 2.0 models after that VIN, I think you should be able to mark this as the definitive transition.

Last edited:
I just read a note from a reliable source saying that the very first 2.5 was VIN # 964. Unless Tesla Motors delivered more 2.0 models after that VIN, I think you should be able to mark this as the definitive transition.

I know that during the great demo sale of Summer 2010, Tesla rebranded some 2.0 Sports as 2.5's before that vin. There are actually some Sports in the 800's that were rebranded as 2.5's