Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Europe it is the same
I got a quote from Norway of 33.500 Euro, so 3.000 Euro cheaper as in NL
UK is making all kind of questions about warranty as if warranty should be limited to local servicecenter. Nevertheless they quoted 30.000 GBP so not much difference with NL
Germany is not responding

I fail to see the pricing policy. In USA it is 29.000 USD including installement according to the Tesla website, this equals 25.000 Euro. Add transport by vessel is 1.000 Euro and VAT of 21% in NL, importtax of 3% comes to 32.000 Euro including installement.
Tesla NL quotes 35.200 Euro excluding installement so a difference of about 5.000 Euro
So I am really dissatisfied since I do not have an alternative keeping my Roadster on the street.
(My max range charge is now reduced to 160 miles and decreasing rapidly)

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
EC71909B-48EC-4564-903C-CF5D0C1B4046.jpeg
25C16F6B-82E2-4E87-A4A1-7D92BAB1F592.jpeg
Facing the same issues here in Hong Kong, my battery died and there are no more replacement sheets here. Only had the car since November '17 ( 4 months) so only alternative is 3.0 perhaps why we are seeing more for cars sale at lower prices. Adding to my misery is the fact that the replacement battery is 9-12 months lead time so I'm having buyers remorse right now.

Last edited:
That's really frustrating to hear @ICON

One would think that with several 2.0 batteries being traded in, there would be a supply of sheets somewhere to keep cars on the road. In the meantime the rest of your pack will probably die if it can't be charged.

When I was flip-flopping about taking the pack that was accidentally built for me last year, I was assured that if I didn't, there would be a ready supply of packs going forward. Now it looks like they are trying to batch orders together before doing a production run and price gouging in the process. Perhaps production has been halted while they look into the problems we have reported with existing 3.0 packs? Maybe they are looking at a better (if slightly more expensive) type of cell? We can but hope.

Reactions: Mark77a and ICON
That's really frustrating to hear @ICON

One would think that with several 2.0 batteries being traded in, there would be a supply of sheets somewhere to keep cars on the road. In the meantime the rest of your pack will probably die if it can't be charged.

When I was flip-flopping about taking the pack that was accidentally built for me last year, I was assured that if I didn't, there would be a ready supply of packs going forward. Now it looks like they are trying to batch orders together before doing a production run and price gouging in the process. Perhaps production has been halted while they look into the problems we have reported with existing 3.0 packs? Maybe they are looking at a better (if slightly more expensive) type of cell? We can but hope.

I very much doubt it.
Here they know absolutely nothing about the 3.0 issues I asked the Service Manager this morning and he asked me to send him this link which I've done ! The three cars that are in HK and been upgraded to 3.0 since 2017 have not reported any anomalies.

Update
The SC just called - another Hong Kong Roadster experienced battery failure like mine whereby one low sheet resulted in abrupt failure of the battery pack. The owner has kindly allowed me to use some good sheets to repair mine so I have something to drive until my new 3.0 battery pack arrives.
Fingers crossed !

Going to piggy back on this thread simply because it seems to be the go-to thread for 3.0 discussions. For those who didn’t already see, I just picked up Roadster # 613 (USA) and drove it from Florida to Ohio. You can find details about that here:

https://arijaycomet.com/2018/06/16/...a-to-ohio-in-a-2010-tesla-roadster-sport-3-0/

That said... I have a huge spreadsheet of data from the trip, but I did have to tweak things so its not all-inclusive. I did it wrong, I should have done a sheet that was “estimates” and then a second page/sheet of ACTUAL to compile. Instead, as the trip progressed, I just over-wrote the estimates with the real data. However, I also took a TON of photos at each charging stop of my trip screen, showing the kW usage, Wh/mi, etc. Do people want me to share those? Would this data/spreadsheet/photos help?

(There are start/end points, so you could cross reference elevation maps, and it might be useful for people doing the drive or just curious on efficiencies i guess— but not sure if this helps). For reference, the car is a 2010 Roadster Sport 2.0 that received the 3.0 upgrade in 2015. It had 4,380 miles on the odometer when it left West Palm Beach Florida, before our 1,300 mile drive to Ohio. The car has ~5,700 miles total now. So its still a young’n!!

• Informative
Reactions: Darren S
I would be curious as to your realistic range and charge times. I am assuming you can easily do 300 miles in a leg and that it takes at least 5 hits for a full charge.

Our longest leg was 180 miles roughly. Our fastest charge was just over 60mi/hr (240V/70A). So in that case we drove for three hours and charged for three. We tried to stay in the 20-80% SOC range. At freeway speeds we averaged 265 Wh/mi.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak