Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rick's Model S Rear Lighted T - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have gone through 3 different rear lights.. all have the same issue with the arch leds not working. It isnt permanent -- meaning sometimes they are off, sometimes they work fine. I have also had the same issue on the front lighted T and have replaced that 1 time. I LOVE the look, but in hindsight wish I didnt have this mod due to all of the grief it has caused..

This concerns me a great deal. I can't imagine why you've been a victim of several erratically performing light Ts. I'm going to share this with Oznium to see if we can determine what's going wrong. We've had very few problems and you've seem to have borne the brunt of them.

I will state that Rick and Oznium have been great to work with.

The fact that it has happened to me on 3 rear Ts and 1 front T and others have the same issue (rarely I might add), just shows that the product may not be ready for prime time. Oznium did do a second batch of rear Ts with a lower solder point.. same issue. They all lasted for about a month or two before showing the LED outage (again-- sometimes it works fine.. sometimes shows the outage -- tapping on it does nothing). The front T lasted 14months.

for the rears I havent replaced all of the wiring harness, just the lighted Ts themselves. I suppose the problem could be in that, but highly doubt it since they work fine for a while, then fail...

Would love some thoughts Rick!