Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reverse parking a S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't seem to reverse park my MS perfectly, its 50/50 either its straight or angled. I guess I'm old school and still look through the rear, I have to remind myself...there is a bloody rear camera.

Never had this problem reverse parking my bmw 3 series, audi A3 or Honda Civic.

Anyone else?

I've tried many times and never got the car to park - it shoots off in reverse, starts the backing turn in and every time appears to be about to sideswipe parked cars on one side or the other,. My foot is hovering over the brake and I always touch it to abort!

I can't seem to reverse park my MS perfectly, its 50/50 either its straight or angled. I guess I'm old school and still look through the rear, I have to remind myself...there is a bloody rear camera.
Anyone else?
Maybe it's the curvy side mirrors? They make the lines bendy so you have to account for that.
I have zero trouble reverse parking nice and straight.
(Now, as to whether it's parallel to the curb when I park THAT way is actually quite the opposite!)

Anyone else?
I don’t know the size of an A3. But the S is MUCH larger than a Honda Civic or a 3 series (owned both) it’s drives sportier and feels smaller to me because Of that but when it comes to parking in tight spots (parallel parking) or even just into a normal parking spot it’s different. I have my rear camera on 100% of the time when I drive. It captures all my blind spots. It also makes parking a breeze.

Reactions: TimT and Ostrichsak

Anyone else?
Use the auto tilt feature to tilt the side mirrors down while backing up. That will allow you to falling the car to the lines. If there are no lines, you can again use the side mirrors to falling yourself to the cars to the left and right.

• Informative
Reactions: beatle
Use the auto tilt feature to tilt the side mirrors down while backing up. That will allow you to falling the car to the lines. If there are no lines, you can again use the side mirrors to falling yourself to the cars to the left and right.

That's what I do in all my cars. Once I get the car positioned to back in and I know the spot is clear, I look in the driver's side mirror and back up until the line approaches being parallel with the car. Then I unwind and finish backing in. My truck is just a touch larger than my S and it has such a crappy turning radius that backing in is how I park it 90% of the time.