Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reuters: "Tesla readies revamped Model 3 with project 'Highland' -sources" [projected 3rd quarter 2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed that Americans really oppose change or new technology. Asia has always been the forefront of new tech and development. Walkmans, VHSs, DVD, LaserDisc, MiniDisc, fast trains, maglev, efficient mass transit, etc, etc. So many tech that didn't pick up in the states but people in other countries use and adopt.
I would agree with this to some extent. People in North America (I would include my fellow Canadians in this), seem to be somewhat suspicious of new technology and slower to adopt than in some other countries. This is not always a bad thing, not all new technology is a great thing, but sometimes it can mean that clearer better new ways take longer to get accepted. But eventually we do get there.

You make a lot of claims that are not factual. You need to do your research. Please look up sigmoid curve of adoption of disruptive technology. Please see here. World EV Sales Now Equal 18% Of World Auto Sales - CleanTechnica).

Part of the problem is you're assuming that where things are in the United States and Europe is an accurate index of the world. It's not. China is the largest car market and it is racing to electrification faster than anybody else. That's pulling the global average up. And the United States is way behind both Europe and China so if you're going on US statistics you're again being misled. Please please get educated!
To be fair China isn’t racing to electrification faster than Norway because Norway is already there.😉

To be fair China isn’t racing to electrification faster than Norway because Norway is already there.😉
Okay fair point. I meant that in terms of the rate of electrification of the major continental players, China is ahead of Europe who is ahead of the US. And yes Norway is just racing ahead of everybody. Good for them. People think that the US market is some kind of Lion Share of the global market and it's just not.

Last edited:
Okay fair point. I meant that in terms of the rate of electrification of the major continental players, China is ahead of Europe who is ahead of the US. And yes Norway is just racing ahead of everybody. Good for them. People think that the US market is some kind of Lion Share of the global market and it's just not.
In terms of percent, US is still not close to many countries, but in terms of volume sales, the US is the biggest single country market other than China.
About 760k was sold in 2022
US Electric Car Sales Increased 65% In 2022 - CleanTechnica

Europe as a total (including UK) did sell 1.6 million in 2022, but the largest country Germany only sold 471k.
BEV Sales in Europe Up 29% Year-on-Year in 2022

This year the US is poised to sell 1.3-1.4 million, so it's still a huge BEV market.
EV sales expected to hit new U.S. record in 2023—but Germany, China and Norway still lead the way

That's outpacing Europe in growth vs last year. which is expecting to grow to 2 million this year.
Price Cuts, Improved Choice Required To Reignite European EV Sales

Reactions: DrGriz
I thought Highland dropped the turn signal and gear selector stalks. However, Teslas website still shows the stalks. Are they still there or not?

Attachments

• IMG_0435.jpeg
    IMG_0435.jpeg
    888.7 KB · Views: 25
Seriously, and without any link or reference? The Highland has not gone on sale in the USA yet, so that picture is still representative in the USA...

The current M3 has stalks, the Highland doesn't, it's not rocket surgery.