Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reuters confirms that Cdn MY RWD is MIC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Teslas for Canada, Made in China
Tesla’s Shanghai factory is gearing up to export Model Y SUVs to Canada, Reuters reported on Monday. Tesla Canada’s website over the weekend posted a new, cheaper version of the Model Y. This would be the first time Tesla has exported Chinese-built vehicles to North America. The company has been sending Shanghai Model Ys to Europe and other markets."

Reports from Norway and the EU indicate that MiC Teslas have excellent build quality.

Reactions: mrElbe and Esan na
All things being equal most of us would buy a domestic built car. But all things are not equal. And things are changing fast. Chinese quality is there and the battery costs are coming down fast. I fear legacy auto manufacturers will fall behind just like the Japanese in the seventies and later Korea came to dominate automobiles worldwide.

For many it's not about where it's built in this case, it's the fact that it contains an LFP battery. That means it can be charged to 100% daily, less stress about battery degradation. Let's not get into the discussion about charging lower still being better, I know that :)