Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Reus Systems coming to Mid-atlantic (Washington, DC and more) in January

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I'd post that they (Cliff) is coming to the greater DC area in mid/late January. This was already mentioned in another post regarding a Boston visit but I assume it's the same east coast trip... and thought I'd create a little buzz for the DC visit.

So, if you're considering upgrading your system (and you're around the mid-atlantic), give them a call for pricing and options. The travel costs are shared and we can save a little by having more installs done.

For me, I'm going with the high end two sub-woofer system. I just cannot help myself! I have the upgraded sound in my new P85D... the sound is okay but not what I'm used to in my other recent cars (Audi A8 and MB S550). I understand from Cliff that the Reus upgrade will be much better than the stock system in 2013 MB. Can't wait...

They now have an option to replace the existing 8" sub (in the upgraded audio) with a 10" sub. The second 10" subwoofer mounts in the rear lower cargo area. Takes about 1/3 of the space which is fine. The mid-range option doesn't include the second sub but Reus can give you all of the details. Costs a little more for the custom fender 10" enclosure, as I understand it.

To be candid, I've not heard the system but have seen many positive reviews here. I really like the idea of retaining (almost but the extra sub is removable) the stock look.

Now (Tesla I'm talking to you), please give me:
1) Shuffle mode from the flash stick
2) Album art from my tags (and in folder view)
2a) Album art and artist in folder view (if you can't do #2)
3) ALAC support (not just Flac)
4) And, crazy me, just some way to hook up an iPod/iPhone without using bluetooth. I'd even take a simple Aux in. Just sayin'. :)

Who or what the Dickens is Reus? Oh, it's a company that installs sound systems. Wouldn't it be an idea to refer to this in the subject? Quite why you find it necessary to make the perfectly adequate MS sound system even louder is beyond me. Why not just get some BT headphones and allow the rest of us to enjoy our own music when we are unfortunate to find ourselves stuck next to you in stationary traffic? Then you can go deaf all by yourself!

Talked with Reus Systems (audio installer in California) today and need to amend my first post...

They have several options, one of which is to replace the existing 8" woofer in the rear fender with a 10" sub. This preserves all of the space in the rear lower cargo area while giving the sound system a little more oomph in the lower sub 100 Hz bass range.

However, a more common and dynamic option is to use the existing 8" sub in the fender for low-mid range bass and then install one or two 10" sub(s) in the lower cargo area for low bass. Each additional sub is powered by a 400 watt amplifier. With the custom crossovers, A-pillar speakers and other accessories the system should be more dynamic, expansive and expressive.

However, (regardless of martinwinlow's snarky comment) this doesn't make the system much louder (although there is improved bass response and, really, I think the Tesla's upgraded stereo is loud enough). A Reus upgrade will still utilize the Tesla head unit, many of the stock speakers and amplifiers. But what you will have is better stereo separation, bass response and an enhanced dynamic range. As an audiophile (which I'm not) could tell you, it's not how the system sounds when it's loud, it's how it sounds at normal listening levels that counts. Again, IMHO, the Tesla sound system lacks here. It sounds better played at louder levels than at lower ones. That's where the Reus upgrade comes in.

My install is scheduled for the week of 1/19/2015... I'll post an update once it's completed.

Who or what the Dickens is Reus? Oh, it's a company that installs sound systems. Wouldn't it be an idea to refer to this in the subject? Quite why you find it necessary to make the perfectly adequate MS sound system even louder is beyond me. Why not just get some BT headphones and allow the rest of us to enjoy our own music when we are unfortunate to find ourselves stuck next to you in stationary traffic? Then you can go deaf all by yourself!
This is not about loudness, if you look at the Reus web site they say specifically if you want a boom box do not call them. This is about the lack of clarity and clean response with more surround sound without turning up the volume. If you have never heard the system installed in a Model S you should not comment on anything regarding the system upgrade.