Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Return or Cross Fingers with SC Repair?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks -- grabbed my AWD LR, ordered 07/31, picked up today.

It's generally in great shape, no exhaustive list of issues. In fact, none, except for this one door panel alignment issue that I didn't really notice until after I drove off the lot.

VIN is 36xxx, and sticker says it was produced Aug 2020.

Pictures here. It feels like a pretty minor thing, so I feel like I actually ended up getting pretty lucky, and the rest of the car works and drives great. What do you guys think -- keep, and hope the SC resolves this, or return?
IMG_2407.jpg
IMG_2407.jpg
IMG_2408.jpg
IMG_2409.jpg
IMG_2410.jpg
IMG_2413.jpg

Reactions: Mooroo
Hey folks -- grabbed my AWD LR, ordered 07/31, picked up today.

It's generally in great shape, no exhaustive list of issues. In fact, none, except for this one door panel alignment issue that I didn't really notice until after I drove off the lot.

VIN is 36xxx, and sticker says it was produced Aug 2020.

Pictures here. It feels like a pretty minor thing, so I feel like I actually ended up getting pretty lucky, and the rest of the car works and drives great. What do you guys think -- keep, and hope the SC resolves this, or return?View attachment 584506 View attachment 584506 View attachment 584507 View attachment 584508 View attachment 584509 View attachment 584510
From what I’ve read, door misalignments appear to be the easiest fixes. For some people they literally fixed on the lot before delivery. If this happened to me, I’d definitely keep it, especially if this is the only problem with the car

I don't think he meant who would be actually scared in a terrified sense, more so worried.

Also when it comes to your vehicle which is a big investment and depending on the person, it might be something you care a great deal about past that of it just being your vehicle. For me, I still have my first truck in great condition and still make repairs on it every year; when my Cadillac had 1 LED light out on my middle brake light bar, I didn't even know until someone pointed it out since I would never see it, but I got it fixed right away.

So I too would probably be a little worried that there is something on my vehicle that I didn't notice when I picked it up, because as soon as someone tells me about it, i'll notice it everytime I see it.

Reactions: Ormond
My SC refused to align my doors properly after repeated attempts. On the last attempt they damaged my door so badly that it needed to be repainted. In the end I adjusted them themself over the course of many hours. I have a friend with a Model Y who lives in a different part of the country and they adjusted his doors properly in one visit. Ymmv

I wouldn't return it. I had Princeton NJ align both my doors and they did a good job. What ive found is - the service centers don't do everything well... Ive also learned that 'sucking the door inward' is very difficult if not impossible on the rear doors as the strike isn't adjustable.