Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

🚘 Tesla cannot balance my model Y - Need your assistance! 🚘

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there, Tesla owners!

I'm in a bit of a pickle and could really use your advice. I picked up my Model Y LR less than three months ago, and right off the bat, I noticed a problem.

As soon as I drove away from the pickup location, I realized that my vehicle was pulling to the left, and to make matters worse, the steering wheel was noticeably crooked to the right. Talk about a bummer!

Since then, I've been back and forth with Tesla technicians, who have tried balancing the wheels and straightening the steering wheel a total of four times. At first, it seemed like they had fixed it, but within a few days, the problem returned. Can you believe it?

To add insult to injury, during one of my drives three weeks ago, the power steering suddenly reduced, and an error code (UI_a_020_SteeringReduced) flashed on my screen. Tesla's team replaced the steering gear assembly, hoping it would resolve the issue. Unfortunately, the wonky alignment problem persisted, even after they replaced the rear subframe.

Now, here I am, about to schedule my fifth session with them, feeling incredibly frustrated. I can't help but wonder if they'll ever find the root cause and put an end to this ongoing issue.

So, have any of you encountered a similar problem right after picking up your car? What do you think I should do next? Your insights and suggestions would mean the world to me!

Thanks a bunch for your support!