Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved] Frustrated Mad and Angry at Service right now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
b63e39a10df46ddec085f75f4248ac36_6f3gif-meme-hype_360-203.gif

Definitely getting mad and frustrated as the time goes on. To answer the above question, I got my car back from service when a back window cracked when brand new. I found a gouge in my FW door, and someone had put touch up paint on it to hide it. When I pointed it out, they took pictures and said sorry and that they would fix it. When the first hot day came and my AC didn't work, I finally went in to have that and the scratch fixed. They kept my X for almost two months. While there, a worker smacked my front bumper. So it had to go back to the shop to get a new bumper. I just got my car back. Just had another hot day. Guess what, the AC still doesn't work. And my front "T" is crooked. I have stopped gushing about Tesla to everyone that asks. I'm in quiet contemplation mode. Not sure how to handle this...

Attachments

• TeslaT.jpg
    TeslaT.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 78
Definitely getting mad and frustrated as the time goes on. To answer the above question, I got my car back from service when a back window cracked when brand new. I found a gouge in my FW door, and someone had put touch up paint on it to hide it. When I pointed it out, they took pictures and said sorry and that they would fix it. When the first hot day came and my AC didn't work, I finally went in to have that and the scratch fixed. They kept my X for almost two months. While there, a worker smacked my front bumper. So it had to go back to the shop to get a new bumper. I just got my car back. Just had another hot day. Guess what, the AC still doesn't work. And my front "T" is crooked. I have stopped gushing about Tesla to everyone that asks. I'm in quiet contemplation mode. Not sure how to handle this...
OMG that's horrible! I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. My service center is excellent, but I've heard sketchy reports about some others.

Definitely getting mad and frustrated as the time goes on. To answer the above question, I got my car back from service when a back window cracked when brand new.

1. Your Tesla may experience MORE damage while at the Tesla Service Center.

I found a gouge in my FW door, and someone had put touch up paint on it to hide it. When I pointed it out, they took pictures and said sorry and that they would fix it. When the first hot day came and my AC didn't work, I finally went in to have that and the scratch fixed.

2. Tesla service reps may act unethically to HIDE the damage they did to your car, instead of being upfront, honest and making it right in the first place. The burden is on the Tesla owner to spot and discover these damages before leaving with your vehicle. If you do, expect another 4 week wait to get into the service dept and the burden of proof may be on you.

They kept my X for almost two months.

3. As a Tesla owner, let me introduce you to your real car; the Tesla Loaner Vehicle. Let's hope it's not a crummy ICE.

While there, a worker smacked my front bumper. So it had to go back to the shop to get a new bumper. I just got my car back. Just had another hot day. Guess what, the AC still doesn't work.

4. As a Tesla owner, your vehicle's initial concerns may not get fixed due to other damages to your car while sitting at the service center. These secondary damages will get prioritized over your initial concerns and get lost in the fray. Also refer back to point #1.

And my front "T" is crooked. I have stopped gushing about Tesla to everyone that asks. I'm in quiet contemplation mode. Not sure how to handle this...

5. As a Tesla owner, you may experience severe stress, worry, confusion and consternation about being a Tesla Vehicle owner.

Hopefully you get those problems fixed without any further damage along the way.

I'm still working through due bill items 7 months after delivery and I too have had the SC damage my car twice. They've also left grease on the door panels twice after replacing defective door handles. There seems to be little concern or care on their part.

Reactions: gowthamn
Definitely getting mad and frustrated as the time goes on. To answer the above question, I got my car back from service when a back window cracked when brand new.

1. Your Tesla may experience MORE damage while at the Tesla Service Center.

I found a gouge in my FW door, and someone had put touch up paint on it to hide it. When I pointed it out, they took pictures and said sorry and that they would fix it. When the first hot day came and my AC didn't work, I finally went in to have that and the scratch fixed.

2. Tesla service reps may act unethically to HIDE the damage they did to your car, instead of being upfront, honest and making it right in the first place. The burden is on the Tesla owner to spot and discover these damages before leaving with your vehicle. If you do, expect another 4 week wait to get into the service dept and the burden of proof may be on you.

They kept my X for almost two months.

3. As a Tesla owner, let me introduce you to your real car; the Tesla Loaner Vehicle. Let's hope it's not a crummy ICE.

While there, a worker smacked my front bumper. So it had to go back to the shop to get a new bumper. I just got my car back. Just had another hot day. Guess what, the AC still doesn't work.

4. As a Tesla owner, your vehicle's initial concerns may not get fixed due to other damages to your car while sitting at the service center. These secondary damages will get prioritized over your initial concerns and get lost in the fray. Also refer back to point #1.

And my front "T" is crooked. I have stopped gushing about Tesla to everyone that asks. I'm in quiet contemplation mode. Not sure how to handle this...

5. As a Tesla owner, you may experience severe stress, worry, confusion and consternation about being a Tesla Vehicle owner.

I will hold of buying a MS until tesla's service is improved.

None of this surprises me. I think your only protection is to thoroughly document the condition of your car when you drop it off and then again when you pick it up. A definite downside to having a nice new car. I've had my cars damaged by auto body shops, dealers, mechanics, tire shops etc... No one is going to take as good of care of your car as you are. I hate dropping my car off for any kind of service. It's not just a Tesla problem. Tesla does need to figure out why their service center techs are damaging peoples cars, though. I've noticed my local service center is way too small and they have to move the excess cars outside every morning and then tightly pack them inside every evening. They are just asking for trouble doing this. The car needs to be brought into the shop and be moved as little as possible, with plenty of working clearance around the car the whole time. Not damaging their customers cars should be job #1 and repairing them properly should be job #2.

I will hold of buying a MS until tesla's service is improved.

A wise decision.

The irony is one reason I got a Tesla is because of the supposed excellent service. Service has been just one of the let downs.

Another let down is the "safest car in America" hype. This turned out to be unfounded once IIHS got around to testing the Model S. Unfortunately for me, the disappointing crash test results weren't posted until several months after I purchased mine.

Fit and finish and overall quality is well below average on my car. I could go on.

A wise decision.

The irony is one reason I got a Tesla is because of the supposed excellent service. Service has been just one of the let downs.

Another let down is the "safest car in America" hype. This turned out to be unfounded once IIHS got around to testing the Model S. Unfortunately for me, the disappointing crash test results weren't posted until several months after I purchased mine.

Fit and finish and overall quality is well below average on my car. I could go on.
I test drive E class and Model S.
I posted a thread. Model S has several disadvantages.
Comparing Model S with E 43 AMG. Have to wait a bit?

Anyone who experiences "severe stress" over these issues likely has emotional issues wholly unrelated to owning a Tesla. I can understand it being annoying -- I am going through that now with having to wait months to get a small accident fixed from a Tesla approved body shop that can't keep up, and service not replying to my emails for my yearly service.

Yes, it's annoying as hell, but life goes on and I wouldn't trade my Tesla for an ICE (you'd have to pry the keys from my dead, cold hands), and there's no comparable electric vehicle and supercharging network. So I have to take the good with the bad. But I sure won't let it get to me like it does to the person I quoted above. If you said a new American vehicle maker would outsells Mercedes, BMW, Audi, and Porsche In US just a few plus years ago, you'd be called nuts. That was thought to be impossible by experts in the field, given the infrastructure involved. These growing pains come with the territory. But I do know some people thrive on complaining and conflict, and like to blow things way out of proportion, claiming "severe stress" as if Tesla did the equivalent of murdering their first born child.

For me, life's far too short to sweat the small stuff, and this is small stuff, to me at least.

Last edited: