Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reputation points?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well thanks everyone for all the points. I really really wasn't fishing for points but turns out it was a pretty successful venture as I now have 3 stripes. Not entirely sure I earned them but I doubt I'll feel any guilt come next week when I'm really throwing my weight around on the forum. Guess I should start spreading some of my points around to deserving members, starting with those who gave me some. :)

Glad you got three now. I gave you points right after you started this thread, out of sympathy because I just hate to see people grovel and beg. The way I got my points was whenever I told someone off, and someone else agreed with me, I got points. So telling people off helps. You're just way too nice and that's no way to build up a good reputation.

;)

Glad you got three now. I gave you points right after you started this thread, out of sympathy because I just hate to see people grovel and beg. The way I got my points was whenever I told someone off, and someone else agreed with me, I got points. So telling people off helps. You're just way too nice and that's no way to build up a good reputation.

;)

hahaha. When members could give negative reputation, too, it usually evened out. Half would give positive rep, the other half negative. Ahhh, good times.

Hey wait. Are you saying I'm not way too nice? Because you're saying nice people don't get points and umm ... HEY!!!

;)

Thanks!
Funny you should say that - about being too nice. I think when I first started contributing here I was avoiding conflict most of the time - get enough in my non TMC life - so I probably didn't really take a chance on saying anything useful. Not that I'm contributing anything very useful now but when I started the "Black Hole" thread and started spouting off about the various problems I was having with the trade in process, and the P85D delivery process, I got most of the 57 points that I did have (prior to begging).
So maybe I need to be more controversial now!

Nope, you're not nice. I have no doubt that you putting me in the snippy thread more than once (remember? - I sure do!) helped to build your reputation by getting points from those I was reaming out!

I'm still waiting for my "thank you".

;)

I notice you have 5 bars, no doubt from people who felt sorry for you being sent off to Snippiness once again. You're welcome for those 5 bars.

:)

I notice you have 5 bars, no doubt from people who felt sorry for you being sent off to Snippiness once again. You're welcome for those 5 bars.

:)

Ha! In fact, it really is those controversial threads that result in the most reputation points. Although not because of people feeling sorry for us, but rather siding with us. One of the reasons I really like you (there are many), is that you always tell it like it is, and sometimes that just what I (and others here) need to hear. I'm sure you're wrong sometimes too and when that happens, I just can't wait to jump all over you! -- if only I could put YOU in the snippy thread! ;)

Ha! In fact, it really is those controversial threads that result in the most reputation points. Although not because of people feeling sorry for us, but rather siding with us. One of the reasons I really like you (there are many), is that you always tell it like it is, and sometimes that just what I (and others here) need to hear. I'm sure you're wrong sometimes too and when that happens, I just can't wait to jump all over you! -- if only I could put YOU in the snippy thread! ;)

Oh, I'm there. Hahaha. Self-reported at times. But I'm there.