Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reputation points?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to rep points from the new power broker (Dirk), I just got my 6th S&H green stamp, and can now re-verify the 500 point milestone.

PS, anyone who remembers what an S&H green stamp is gets a rep bump... anyone? anyone? Bueller?

We had the eagle stamps (competitor) lying everywhere about the house. I think nearly every drawer had some stuffed in the back.

Thanks to rep points from the new power broker (Dirk), I just got my 6th S&H green stamp, and can now re-verify the 500 point milestone.

PS, anyone who remembers what an S&H green stamp is gets a rep bump... anyone? anyone? Bueller?

I used to paste the stamps in a little paper book for my mom when she came home from the grocery - and there was a small S&H store downtown where she could redeem them for stuff. (There was a different brand of stamps, too, from another grocery.) Those were the days where when you refueled your car, people came out and pumped the gas, checked your oil/tire pressure, and washed the windshield.

I used to paste the stamps in a little paper book for my mom when she came home from the grocery - and there was a small S&H store downtown where she could redeem them for stuff. (There was a different brand of stamps, too, from another grocery.) Those were the days where when you refueled your car, people came out and pumped the gas, checked your oil/tire pressure, and washed the windshield.

I used to do that job when I was a teenager, at one of the last full-service stations (outside of NJ and Oregon). :) Maybe that's subconsciously what drove me to Tesla... years of gas fumes.

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 7.28.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 7.29.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 7.28.50 AM.png

And another update...

Current knowledge in black, guesses in orange

5 dark400
5 dark + 1 light 500
5 dark + 2 light>650 (700)
5 dark + 3 light 900
5 dark + 4 light1100
5 dark + 5 light 1400
5 dark + 6 light1700
This would match a pattern of +100 up until "5+1", then +200 up to "5+4" and then +300 after that (based on bonnie's earlier comment)

Reputation power (number of points you can give) appears to go up with both your own reputation (something like 1 point to give for every 100 you got) and the number of posts you have (something like 1 point for every 500 posts you have). Junior members appear to have no reputation power at all... not quite sure when that flips over. Possibly not until they have received 100 points or have 500 posts? That seems quite late...

So Doug_G... as your contribution to science... you should have a reputation power of 36... is my math correct?

PS: bonnie - no I'm NOT subtly asking him to give me positive reputation so that I can see for myself... tsktsktsk... how could you assume I'd do such a thing! An answer here (or a PM saying "I'm embarrassed to admit it, but it's indeed 36) would be fine... and I was able to test my theory with a few other over achievers in the top echelon, so I'm pretty sure that I'm close...

Last edited:
Your math is wrong. My reputation power is 29.

SCIENCE!
Arg - my math was completely bogus!!!
Next attempt...
Doug_G has 1100+ reputation points -> reputation strength of 11
So 18 more strength points for his 13656 posts...

I have 600+ reputation points -> 6
4 more for my 2004 posts

so one strength point for every 500 posts up to 9000 (what a weird cutoff)? That seems odd.

And then the math doesn't work for one other person for whom I happen to know the numbers...

We need more data points.