Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reply to Thread red button problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess ignorance is bliss. I guess "problem" is a relative thing when you don't have the ability to over think. :smile: I have over 1,000 posts and have never even considered hitting the reply to thread button a second time instead of the post button AFTER writing your reply. Go figure.

ditto, this seems like a non-issue. I recommend participating in the forum vs nitpicking the software. If you're REALLY into QA, I know that utest.com pays testers for this type of feedback.

Once I watched a documentary about industrial design. They were designing grips for kitchen and garden tools. The designer said when manufacturers come to them they describe their typical customer profile but then the designers ignore everything they were told because if they take care of the extreme ends of the spectrum like people with arthritis, elderly people, children or bodybuilders with strong hands, then the rest takes care of itself.

I think when you design something, giving it a little consideration and thinking about all the different users is a nice thing. Only a few people posted in this topic and I think all of us are web savvy users but even so, DSM, Doug and I managed to click twice on that button. Imagine what less savvy people must be doing. Elderly people, children or people with poor sight. Imagine how they must feel after they lost the entire message they spent so much time typing. How we made them feel like they were incompetent.

Next time when elderly, young or less capable people around you have a poor experience with something that isn't designed well I hope you take a little more time to think what good design means and how some other people around you are different than you.

Big commercial websites, government, university or media sites follow higher usability guidelines. They make their websites usable even for the visually impaired. But of course the average website on the Internet is far from it. Anyway, I agree that this is a non-issue for us who wrote in this topic. I assumed that maybe we could do better.

Last edited:
It's not like hitting the red button starts a thermonuclear war or anything. It is at worst a minor annoyance. It has been noted and as Doug_G said, the vBulletin is the place to go for your UI concerns.

@everybody guys please continue the red button's technical, philosophic, semantic and linguistic nitpicking on this very location. It has really eliminated the need for late night melatonin for at least three of us forum users.

Last edited: