Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm, it is different. How many tesla wrecks are you working on? o_O

ts.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: TMobe
UPDATE

So I begged and pleaded and begged and begged and pleaded with my wife to keep the car at our house and she caved in!

here she is in her pride and glory. she gave me an ultimatum and that was the car could only stay there for 2 weeks MAX. so I have to get to work, literally everything must be stripped off of this car, down to the bare shell.

NcCeZwC.jpg

OxkQXGF.jpg

vLzWU1k.jpg

GR8V04Z.jpg

so, I got the car on by pulling it on with a winch... getting it off will be another story

UPDATE

So I begged and pleaded and begged and begged and pleaded with my wife to keep the car at our house and she caved in!

here she is in her pride and glory. she gave me an ultimatum and that was the car could only stay there for 2 weeks MAX. so I have to get to work, literally everything must be stripped off of this car, down to the bare shell.

so, I got the car on by pulling it on with a winch... getting it off will be another story

So the shell will be gone in ~2 weeks, but she will let you keep all the parts around? Or did that part not come up? ;)

Getting it off should be easy, just tether it to something and yank the trailer out from under it. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Pando
UPDATE

It took me a few seconds to realize that "here she is in her pride and glory" referred to your car, not your wife.

Bruce.

• Funny
Reactions: e-FTW and GoTslaGo
Hi there Can you guys uno who can sell me some Tesla parts I am looking for the left and right roof air bags
on the driver side I need under doors exterior molding rocker panel , driver seat belt , drivers seat air bag , 1/4 panel , front passenger Chrome moulding next to the glass and front under hood passenger side plastic cover Please Please let me know if you know some one who have it ? 708 370 0222 [email protected]

UPDATE

whelp, getting something this heavy with no wheels off of a trailer is not easy in the least bit, especially when you have no help, so needless to say I had to get creative.

here is an illustration I made in microsoft paint that took me a few hours to create on how it was done

p8aC8gN.jpg

essentially what I did was use my engine crane with a giant chain to pickup the rear body of the model S, then use a jack to jack up the middle of the car while it was still on the trailer, I did this for about 2 hours or so, and when the car was fully suspended I would drive the truck forward 3 inches or so... drop the car....adjust the jack.... move truck forward 3 inches.... drop car on trailer, adjust jack, move car forward 3 inches.... talk about time consuming, but IT GOT DONE

UPDATE

whelp, getting something this heavy with no wheels off of a trailer is not easy in the least bit, especially when you have no help, so needless to say I had to get creative.

here is an illustration I made in microsoft paint that took me a few hours to create on how it was done

p8aC8gN.jpg

essentially what I did was use my engine crane with a giant chain to pickup the rear body of the model S, then use a jack to jack up the middle of the car while it was still on the trailer, I did this for about 2 hours or so, and when the car was fully suspended I would drive the truck forward 3 inches or so... drop the car....adjust the jack.... move truck forward 3 inches.... drop car on trailer, adjust jack, move car forward 3 inches.... talk about time consuming, but IT GOT DONE
Sounds like something I would do. You've earned my respect!