Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

reorganizing the forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not know what you all think, but I think The roadster & Model S need some sub-forums!
Now to find a thread you have to search thoroughly!
1 for "technical" questions from each specific car!
1 for "interior" questions or threads (use of touchscreen, adjusting radio, other)
1 for "exterior" (questions about color, exterior shape, roof, door, painting)

Maybe use the same subforums from the roadster in model S to begin

I have no Ev, but I guess roadster-users must know best how to differentiate all the posts

Maybe the video thread too! adding a sub-forum for Roadster-videos & one for model S videos

Last edited:
I do not know what you all think, but I think The roadster & Model S need some sub-forums!
Now to find a thread you have to search thoroughly!
1 for "technical" questions from each specific car!
1 for "interior" questions or threads (use of touchscreen, adjusting radio, other)
1 for "exterior" (questions about color, exterior shape, roof, door, painting)
I agree with this. Needs to be fleshed out a bit more, though. I don't think the distinction between "performance" and "technical" was ever quite useful. Perhaps a drivetrain sub-forum? I appreciate member input.

Doug,

Here's an old suggestion that still has merit.

Doug, have you thought about adding a top level forum for local chat/clubs? We are finally starting to get a few Roadster owners and Model S reservation holders together in SW Florida and need somewhere to rally the people as a group. Would look something like this:

Top Level: Tesla Motors Forum -- Local Groups
Sub-Forums: Bay Area, SW Florida, Seattle etc.

Could be used for get-togethers, local news, charging stations etc.

Thanks.

Larry

Doug, have you thought about adding a top level forum for local chat/clubs? We are finally starting to get a few Roadster owners and Model S reservation holders together in SW Florida and need somewhere to rally the people as a group. Would look something like this:

Top Level: Tesla Motors Forum -- Local Groups
Sub-Forums: Bay Area, SW Florida, Seattle etc.

Could be used for get-togethers, local news, charging stations etc.
Finally got around to doing this. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/forumdisplay.php/87-Local-Groups
Spent some time trying to figure out how to break down different regions, but came back to your original request post and thought it looked pretty good. Things might get tweeked a bit, but we'll see how this works out.

i personally would like a way to see "new posts relating just to roadsters"

Similar request from me. Right now I read all new posts -- but soon I'll have to start filtering out of necessity. E.g. mark forums as favorites and then a "all unread in favorites" type of feature. To Bonnie's point: I used to do that for each and every forum before I realized there was a "read ALL unread posts" feature... once I found that, I can't believe I lived without it. In other words, the overhead of visiting each forum and then "finding" the new threads is high.

Similar request from me. Right now I read all new posts -- but soon I'll have to start filtering out of necessity. E.g. mark forums as favorites and then a "all unread in favorites" type of feature. To Bonnie's point: I used to do that for each and every forum before I realized there was a "read ALL unread posts" feature... once I found that, I can't believe I lived without it. In other words, the overhead of visiting each forum and then "finding" the new threads is high.

You can achieve the same result by doing an advanced search: leave the terms blank but specify "Roadster" forum only and also specify "since your last visit". That may be more clicks than you want but it does achieve the same result I think.

You can achieve the same result by doing an advanced search...
Slightly OT: from where do you access 'advanced search'?

EDIT: found this post in the TMC: Search thread. Will bookmark this link below, but still not sure how to find it in the forum UI...

There is advanced search: Advanced Search - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Still, I often get better results via Google. The webcrawlers seem to pickup anything posted here within an hour.

Last edited:
Slightly OT: from where do you access 'advanced search'?

On any forum, click on the "Search Forum" on the right side of the black bar:

search.jpg

The "What's New" button is less likely to be useful as the site grows and there are lots of threads about things you don't care about. You'll have better results going to the specific forum you want, which is why we really need a better layout.

Here's an advanced tip, though. Figure out the ID number of the forum you are interested by going to that forum page. For example if you're interested in Roadster

www.teslamotorsclub.com/forumdisplay.php/62-Roadster

From the URL you can see the forum number is 62.

Then, to get all the new posts in the Roadster forum go here:
www.teslamotorsclub.com/search.php?do=getnew&f=62

Say you want all the posts from the last 10 days (new and old) from the Roadster and the Model X forums make this a bookmark:
www.teslamotorsclub.com/search.php?do=getdaily&days=10&include=62, 84