Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing the dash pad... easiest way?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need to replace the dash pad and need some advice on how. I understand there are screws on each side and also two screws above the instrument cluster after removing the D shaped binacle. Then it’s all clips and I have been able to unclip the front parts enough to swap out the dash trim. I have also removed the A pillars. But beyond that no matter how much force I give it the remaining clips (middle and back clips) don’t want to come loose. I don’t want to pry it with something too much for the fear of damaging the aluminum trim on the front. Is there an easy way to pull the clips off? I noticed that at the service center they seem to remove it easily. Is there a special tool or some method I should use to remove?

Last but not least. Is it easy to swap out the airbag attached to the underside of the dash on the passenger beside?

Need to replace the dash pad and need some advice on how. I understand there are screws on each side and also two screws above the instrument cluster after removing the D shaped binacle. Then it’s all clips and I have been able to unclip the front parts enough to swap out the dash trim. I have also removed the A pillars. But beyond that no matter how much force I give it the remaining clips (middle and back clips) don’t want to come loose. I don’t want to pry it with something too much for the fear of damaging the aluminum trim on the front. Is there an easy way to pull the clips off? I noticed that at the service center they seem to remove it easily. Is there a special tool or some method I should use to remove?

Last but not least. Is it easy to swap out the airbag attached to the underside of the dash on the passenger beside?

I have removed many dash covers and you have to remove the glove box and get access to the airbag screws. There will be two 10mm nuts I beleive and two airbag plugs that will need to be removed. Once those are removed, you can remove the whole dash.