Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 10 mg oxycodone is only works 2 out of 4 hours that I'm allowed to take it. So every 2 hours, I feel like my limbs are by quartered by horses with a pain level of 8-10. I cannot work like this. It's is going to be a while before I can work again. I thought I could work, but I physically can't.

It's been less than a week since your surgery! Rest as much as you need to, but know that things will get better, and probably faster than you're now thinking they will.

Good luck, Allen! Lots of people here are wishing you well!

.........I thought I could work, but I physically can't.

And you shouldn't. take it easy take very good care of your recovery and in the knowledge that you have a hole hord of happy (read: ecstatic) clients and fellow forum members out there rooting for your timely recovery. We will extend a helping hand for the documentation and I am sure document any existing anomalies and/or bugs in version 2.0 for your reference when you do return to full form. Take good care of yourself!

My 10 mg oxycodone is only works 2 out of 4 hours that I'm allowed to take it. So every 2 hours, I feel like my limbs are by quartered by horses with a pain level of 8-10. I cannot work like this. It's is going to be a while before I can work again. I thought I could work, but I physically can't.

So you've been given regular oxycodone (short acting) to take every 4 hours? That's nuts; your pain is constant and you shouldn't be getting on-and-off pain control. At least you should be getting the long acting oxycodone formulation (OxyContin in Europe) every 12 hours...

Your current setup leads to poorer pain control, the peaks on serum levels are unnecessarily high and the on/off and constant waiting for the next pill increases your risk of developing pseudo addiction and problems waning off the drug later. Seriously discuss this with your doctor and feel free to PM me if you need advice.

Some of you seem interested in sending me things while I'm recovering. I find that very touching. Rossion Automotive is generous enough to offer to pass down any get well cards, letters and gifts to my room while I'm stuck here for the next three months. Their address is below:

Rossion Automotive
Attn: Allen Wong
2391 Old Dixie Hwy
Riviera Beach, FL 33404

So you've been given regular oxycodone (short acting) to take every 4 hours? That's nuts; your pain is constant and you shouldn't be getting on-and-off pain control. At least you should be getting the long acting oxycodone formulation (OxyContin in Europe) every 12 hours...
I am in talks with him to try to give me oxycotin instead.

I've started work on the Tesla app again.

Is there anyone willing to give me their Tesla login info so that I can do some testing and what not? Hard to work without my car near me anymore. I just need to test things like, fixing the charging Amperage thing.

Last edited:
image.jpg

My work place for the next three months. A bucket of daily meds to the left and a MacBook on the right.

This may be an Apple Watch issue rather than a Model S app issue but thought i'd ask it here due to Allen's superb customer service.

The glance from Model S is struggling to update, all the Apple apps are a bit slow granted but the Model S glance doesn't update in two screen activation cycles (unless i open the app on phone where sometimes it updates sooner).

I always leave the Tesla app and the Model S app running in the background

Is this just the current watch behaviour or have i got a missed setting somewhere?

Any ideas or places to start looking?

On a more important note; I'm glad the surgery went as well, and hope your convalescence period is medically and mentally productive :)

Not sure if that's a high volume request. Sometimes I prefer to leave my car unplugged since I barely drove it and it's nearly topped off. I'm thinking some things might still be best left to the humans.

Then don't active the option. It's why they're called options. I think Allen wants a feature packed app where everyone will find value.

You're missing a semicolon ;-)

Noticed that too.

My work place for the next three months. A bucket of daily meds to the left and a MacBook on the right.

Don't overdo it! :)

I work with programmers every day. It wasn't meant as an insult. I just see when we're gathering requirements for our application that you get everything under the sun. Things that aren't bad ideas, but might not be the heavy hitters that really sell an application to the masses. I would like to see a list of enhancements, perhaps on a Google sheet like the delivery tracker, that people could weigh in on and show the support for various features.

People in my industry want a tool that has so many functions it makes it difficult to do more than a handful of them well. Our motto is that not everything is within scope of our project and we get a lot of push back. It's not that we can't do it, it's that we aren't here to solve all your problems. Things like reminding someone to do something that person forgot sounds great. I would just like to make sure the level of effort on that enhancement is in line with how much people would actually use it. You've got limited screen real estate here.

Just some thoughts that I'm sure Allen is trying to balance right now.

I work with programmers every day. It wasn't meant as an insult. I just see when we're gathering requirements for our application that you get everything under the sun. Things that aren't bad ideas, but might not be the heavy hitters that really sell an application to the masses. I would like to see a list of enhancements, perhaps on a Google sheet like the delivery tracker, that people could weigh in on and show the support for various features.

People in my industry want a tool that has so many functions it makes it difficult to do more than a handful of them well. Our motto is that not everything is within scope of our project and we get a lot of push back like you just gave. It's not that we can't do it, it's that we aren't here to solve all your problems. Things like reminding someone to do something that person forgot sounds great. I would just like to make sure the level of effort on that enhancement is in line with how much people would actually use it. You've got limited screen real estate here.

Just some thoughts that I'm sure Allen is trying to balance right now.

Very balanced thoughts worth considering. I just feel where Allen is trying to take this applications is to where it can do everything that can be done via the API plus some more, even if it gets very busy, with lots of options, submenus etc. Not the most visually appealing. But it has to offer something different than the regular app, which is limited but easy to use for a broad number of people (techies but also "regular people", old people, not-so-tech literate people. You know those kind of people who can lay down 100k plus on a car, those people who also love to pay for expensive iPhones and iPads with limited functionality but beautiful design and super-user-friendly interface?

Very balanced thoughts worth considering. I just feel where Allen is trying to take this applications is to where it can do everything that can be done via the API plus some more, even if it gets very busy, with lots of options, submenus etc. Not the most visually appealing. But it has to offer something different than the regular app, which is limited but easy to use for a broad number of people (techies but also "regular people", old people, not-so-tech literate people. You know those kind of people who can lay down 100k plus on a car, those people who also love to pay for expensive iPhones and iPads with limited functionality but beautiful design and super-user-friendly interface?

Thank you for the response! Yes I never wanted to come off as negative with you, RAM_Eh. I'm sorry if it came across like that. I'm so deep in my own testing right now that I think that carried over into my reply.:crying:

I do think that the app already has LOTS of functions that it handles better than the original app, especially the climate control and sunroof controls. I love those! There's a lot more that I haven't even been able to really delve into without more long distance trips. And you're right. The more functionality, as long as it's coded well and graphically interesting, can only help the app. And so far I'm really happy with how Allen is pulling in all the facets.

Don't know if this is possible but what about a reminder that if your car is not plug in at a certain time...give you a message?

That's what one of the things background scheduling could do. It should be in version 3.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Background scheduling was what I was working on for version 2.0 before Tesla sent me an email telling me to change my app's icon. This forced me to push version 2.0 out before background scheduling and voice control was set up. But here are some of the early screenshots of background scheduling:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reto: that way to design a scheduler is just too nice. Like having a dialogue with the software. Like very basic programming in natural language. Imagine this in the future with advanced programming: "I want a function where if the user clicks and drags the black box down it opens up to show all of the pictures that were captured..." and so on.

I now see what you were asking for with the reminder. I wasn't thinking of this config interrogating against values in the car. Nice move! And I agree with Johan. The language is beautiful. I love when programming language is transformed in the backend so the front end is user-friendly. And considering you're doing all this on pain meds and 2 broken legs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.