Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does one actually say "HVAC on"? Aidge-vak on? Aige-Vee-Ai-See on? HVAC just doesn't roll off the tongue that well. :)

If somehow there was a possibility to teach Siri a nickname for your car, or at least refer to it as a word or name that's already in her vocabulary. See where I'm going with this?

"Kitt, unlock the doors". "Yes, Michael".

"Kitt, how are we looking on charge?"
"I currently have a 55% charge, charging at 40 Amps. I will need to charge for another 45 minutes in order to comfortably reach the meeting you have scheduled at 5 PM".

It's only been 2 days, so I can't really tell yet if this is a successful app or not. The debut has been stellar, and more than I imagined, though. If this app becomes a steady source of income for me, then I would have no problems with working on an Android version. I will not know for another few weeks of sales. In the meantime, I need to polish up the iOS app anyway, and it would be to have a polished app design to work from when starting the Android project.

Another vote for an Android build please.

(not particularly an Apple hater - but just soo much Android stuff that changing now is too much hassle)

I would happily make a donation to help your progress :)
(and I haven't even got my car yet)!

I really hope the Tesla see the value of this excellent work and enagage constructively with you.

Here is something else to throw out onto the "wants list"...

Allen, have you seen the TMC thread from Artsci and Danal about the modification and lighting of the rear applique (the bar above the rear license plate).

They have a bunch of optional lighting displays that are controlled with Bluetooth commands.

It would be great if you could add a separate or back page to your App to make these Bluetooth commands.

Here is the (long) TMC thread discussing this rear applique mod.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/24990-Work-on-lighting-lift-gate-appliqu%C3%A9-begins

(Thanks for the great App, looking forward in 2 weeks to getting my Watch delivered (you should get a commission for Watch sales.))

Allen, have you seen the TMC thread from Artsci and Danal about the modification and lighting of the rear applique (the bar above the rear license plate).

They have a bunch of optional lighting displays that are controlled with Bluetooth commands.

It would be great if you could add a separate or back page to your App to make these Bluetooth commands.

I don't have one of their rear applique, and I can't do any testing without one.

I successfully controlled my Tesla with Siri on my Apple Watch. Video of it will be uploaded later. Have to film at night because the Watch is hard to videotape in broad daylight. Doesn't require jailbreak or an external server.

Awesome work, Allen!

I certainly agree with this statement, but only if Tesla somehow agreed to still allow regoapps to participate in these forums. (I don't believe in general Tesla employees are allowed to participate, which is why we don't see any of them posting here.) I say that because I think one of regoapps' greatest strengths has been his willingness to take and implement feedback from the members of this forum. It's one of the reasons his app got to be as good as it is as fast as it did, and why Version 2.0 is going to be that much better, that much faster. regoapps has listened and actively participated here, and everyone and his app is better for it.

Tesla could learn from this.

But if a condition of regoapps working for Tesla was that he stop participating here, I think he'd be giving up one of his greatest assets, because he does such an excellent job of incorporating the feedback that he gets.

+1

Please take care of yourself after the surgery -- this sounds like a serious operation. Your health and well being is far more important than changes to your great app that may satisfy we users.

Your work on this app has been nothing but awesome with an excellent outcome already in version 1.0 We all want you to have an equally excellent outcome from your surgery and will wait patiently when the time comes for you to focus on your recovery.

I did make the request to let me continue participating in the forums, but I doubt that a big corp will let me. Usually they train people to speak with the public if it's on behalf of the company and then there are NDAs and what not.

What phrase do you guys want to do the commands?

"unlock car"
"KITT, unlock car"
"unlock Tesla"
etc.

any other suggestions?
This says it all really!

Last edited by a moderator:
- - - Updated - - -

How about just "Climate"? Clean, concise, and can't be confused with anything else.
+1: HVAC is very US English and not a natural word for many others of us!

- - - Updated - - -

:)

There's no official Siri API to train it to do such things. Perhaps in the future. Maybe iOS 9.
So Siri has to use the fixed vocabulary does it?

i notice that it seems to recognise different regional words well (actual words, not talking accents).

Not sure what kind of hack you are using for Siri, but I would actually like Siri to be able to pull info like:
- Siri, how much range do I have
- Siri, when will my car be done charging

Beyond that, want to echo prior comments wishing you an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery.

So Apple hasn't allowed third-party developer access to Siri's API yet. But that didn't stop me from trying out a workaround "hack":

How much interest is there in an Apple Watch feature like this?

How much interest is there in an iOS (non-Watch) app that listens to your voice commands and controls your Tesla using your voice? Saying things like "Change the temperature to 71 degrees" or "KITT, start up the car" will actually issue the commands (even remotely).

I need to know the interest level before I spend time working on it, because I have other things to work on as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Allen,

IF (ALLEN = join Tesla Motors) THEN;
WHILE (not employed yet);
LISTEN (to TMC users suggestions);
CONSIDER (suggest TM you make a supercharger availability app/server/function);
END WHILE;
ELSE IF;
MAKE (supercharger app anyway);
END IF;

++1 for voice commands. This is so huge, b/c the media will see this and run with the headlines. I can see Bloomberg/CNBC/CNN etc exclaiming "Next up...Car that can be controlled with your voice!". Internet media will also have the perfect headline which many people will investigate as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.