Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The app just stopped connecting, no matter what I do. I've deleted and reloaded, I've rebooted, and nothing. Very frustrating.

I'm experiencing the same problem with the app continuously reporting as "updating" on both my iPhone and Watch. . I have a similar problem in another app (ConnecTT), although that one is updating correctly on my phone but not on my watch.

Here's how to fix it: Open the main app on the iPhone or iPad. Then sign off your MyTesla account. After you sign off the app, close the app from the multitask. Then try signing back in again. The sign off button is found by pressing the command menu button on the top left, and then pressing the car icon with the circular arrows around it.

A couple questions:

1. I notice a red streak in the car icon at the base of the windshield on the iphone and watch app. Almost looks like an illustration of hot air or defrost on the windshield. What does it signify?

2. I know (and hope) you're still recovering but any plans for a native Apple Watch app? Are you holding off development pending the patent troll lawsuit? If you are, it would be totally understandable, just inquiring.

I've been disappointed with WatchOS 2.01 so far in that non native apps (and even many native apps) are still slow to launch. I've tried demoing the Remote S app on the watch but unless I preload it before the demo, it takes embarrassingly long to load (again, I know this is a limitation from the system and not your app specifically). The watch app hasn't been very practical for my day to day use for this reason. My hopes are that a native watch app would be as fast to use as the iphone app.

Thanks again for the great app, and I hope you're doing well.

1. I notice a red streak in the car icon at the base of the windshield on the iphone and watch app. Almost looks like an illustration of hot air or defrost on the windshield. What does it signify?

Hi Steve, see this post earlier in the thread:

I started getting it, too. It originally was meant to depict the front window defroster. And it appears that the API for version 7.0 changed the way the API for the front defroster worked, and thus this red line will be there until the app is updated to fix the issue. It makes sense that they changed the API on a whim, because I don't think the official apps ever reported whether the front or back defrosters were on. So they could change the API for that particular car status without breaking their old official apps.

I actually hope the API change that seems to reflect status of defroster(s) is a precursor to them adding that ability remotely. Something many of us have been asking for as Winter approaches is the ability to turn on defrosters, heated seats, heated steering, etc besides just air heating. Makes the subzero package actually worth something finally if so.

I have downloaded the app and am unable to connect...what am I doing wrong?

Tried signing out and back on but other than the location on the map...nothing else works. When I try to change a item, I get the message servers are overloaded.

Can you give me some tips?

I have downloaded the app and am unable to connect...what am I doing wrong?

Tried signing out and back on but other than the location on the map...nothing else works. When I try to change a item, I get the message servers are overloaded.

Can you give me some tips?

Try this - it worked for me:

1. Sign out of the Remote S app and do not sign back in.
2. Sign out of your regular Tesla app.
3. Close both programs (double click and then swipe up to remove each program from the background)
4. Open the Tesla App and log in
5. Open the Remote S app and log in.

You are making and selling an AP?, you do not make or sell watches. Your program can as easily run on an iPhone, and be adapted to the Android code.
He should then go after Apple - good luck with that, and/or you should join Apple to the suit as the maker of the watch that is capable of running code that will result in what he dearly hopes is an infringing piece of technology.

You are making and selling an AP?, you do not make or sell watches. Your program can as easily run on an iPhone, and be adapted to the Android code.
He should then go after Apple - good luck with that, and/or you should join Apple to the suit as the maker of the watch that is capable of running code that will result in what he dearly hopes is an infringing piece of technology.

Comments earlier in this thread answer your questions. He has been named a defendant, along with Apple, Tesla, and others. No need to join anyone else in the action.

- - - Updated - - -

How about an Android wear version? I want to be able to control my car from my Moto 360 2 watch

He has been asked this repeatedly in this thread. His current health situation, his modifications to the IOS app, and the pending lawsuit are making any immediate Android app unlikely.

I apologize for not reading 132 pages of posts...Oh Lord!

But ever since upgrading to 9.0 and now 9.2, I have had nothing but problems with the app, which I love. I also have problems with the Tesla app. So I think it is an Apple issue.

I love this app and hope that the issues can be sorted out soon.

Keep Up The great work!

I apologize for not reading 132 pages of posts...Oh Lord!

But ever since upgrading to 9.0 and now 9.2, I have had nothing but problems with the app, which I love. I also have problems with the Tesla app. So I think it is an Apple issue.

I love this app and hope that the issues can be sorted out soon.

Keep Up The great work!

You probably have an expired token. Try this to refresh them:

Try this - it worked for me:

1. Sign out of the Remote S app and do not sign back in.
2. Sign out of your regular Tesla app.
3. Close both programs (double click and then swipe up to remove each program from the background)
4. Open the Tesla App and log in
5. Open the Remote S app and log in.

Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 11.30.28 AM.png

Can someone please tell me what the red line on the front dash means?

Status
Not open for further replies.