Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registration fees in New Hampshire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those in NH area how has the battery life been through this past cold winter we had? Like roughly how much percent you feel like you lost if tracked it at all? Thanks! Tesla is really only EV with range far enough for me as I travel sometimes 100+ miles one way and then I’d need to get back and no EVs appear to fit that well without doubling the amount of stops needed to charge.
See the graph below. This is a "temperature efficiency" graph from TeslaFi for drives over 5 miles in a P85+. You can see minimal differences above 45 degrees (so A/C doesn't make a huge difference). Efficiency is based on 310 Wh/mile, which I never see (my lifetime avg is more like 365 Wh/mi). 310Wh/mile / (efficiency %) gives you the avg consumption at that temp range (ie, at 20-25 deg, 310 Wh/mile / 0.73 = 424 Wh/mile). Also, summer vs winter tires may impact these numbers. I run 19" Hakka R2's in the winter and 21" Pilot PS2's in the summer.

If your 200 mile round trip is on a highway, there's likely a supercharger along the way and you can top up on the way to/from if needed. If you're driving on non-highway roads, consumption will be lower (slower speeds). If you can charge a bit at the destination, that will help, too.

I drive down to Massachusetts frequently. I generally stop at Hooksett (midway point) and plug in while I go inside to use the bathroom and get coffee. I can get 25 miles easily with a quick 10 min stop.

teslafi.jpg

Last edited: