Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REFUEL/TMC Connect 2017 Registration Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking forward to meeting Audie, but will be missing Bonnie and Ohmman.

And always great to see Doug & Danny (and anyone else who can make it!)

I'll just say it to save the rest of you the trouble: I know we don't need no stinkin' badges, but if we could have '17 badges, we'll know who to ask for carpool rides and who to look out for :)

Could someone tell me how REFUEL "works" for spectators? I'd like to go watch (my son *really* wants to watch), but I don't intend to drive on-track except possibly for the parade lap.

(Still trying to work out logistics...I plan to drive down on Friday after work, and attend both TMC Connect and REFUEL, but my son wants to go for REFUEL only, and my wife might have a family thing to do on Friday or Saturday, argh...)

Looking forward to meeting and re-meeting lots of TMC people! (Sorry I'll miss you @slcasner.)

Bruce.

I think REFUEL works well for spectators because it is not crowded like on a race day. You have to pay $10 per person to enter the paddock area which is the center of activity for REFUEL. Evan would probably enjoy seeing the ICE cars there and on the track in addition to the EV sessions. It's a nice hike up to the corkscrew area to watch the cars coming through. It can be warm and there is not a lot of shade, so sunscreen and hats are appropriate. There are permanent restrooms so you are not stuck with porta-potties. I think there is some food available but we always took our own lunch.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Well, my wife will attend TMC Connect. She also points out that the conflicting event I'm attending ends mid-day Saturday, so maybe I can make my way to Monterey before the sessions end on Saturday, and we can stay for REFUEL. Maybe I can get a '17' tag by proxy. ;)

FYI: Our group rate for hotel goes up on Friday. Right now the peak nights (Friday and Saturday) are $199 per night. They'll go up to $229 tomorrow (May 26) after 5pm PDT. The off-peak nights (Thursday, Sunday, etc) will stay at $145 for another week. After June 1st, it will be at market prices.
So please go ahead and book your hotel if you haven't done so. TMC Connect 2017

Last edited:
Reactions: Nosken