Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REFUEL 2013 - June 30th, 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
probably lost .018 sec turning the wheel back and forth in the beginning but great job! No flagmen though??? That car in the middle of the road could have caused a major accident!

He was warming up the tires. The clock starts when he passes under the bridge over the straightaway, and then stops there when he passes the second time. They effectively do 1.5 laps, starting at turn 10, do 1 full lap at race speed, and pulling off the track at turn 5.

That car in the middle of the road was another participant pulling out at turn 10 to begin his run. Big miscommunication

They were temporary.

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

sc3.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I could have taken part in this. I met the Tesla employee installing the superchargers on Friday and he said it was a owners event. I was happy to run a 1.49.7 in a pretty much stock FRS (street tires and coilovers are the only mods). I would have loved to run a Model S P85+ to see how the car feels on the track. Needless to say I've had the Model S bug for 2 years now. I had a chance to shoot over to the San Jose store on my way back to Vegas and I'm sold. I have to settle for a 60 but that will be enough for me. I can't wait! Once I take delivery of the car I'll be making parts for it so keep an eye out for EV AutoSalon.

Ted, the Tesla employee I mentioned earlier, told us at the event that it was very easy popping up those temporary superchargers. He indicated that the lack-of-infrastructure argument is a bit of a joke as, apparently, if you have a light pole on your street, there's typically enough power available there to setup a supercharger!

Oh, one more thing that he mentioned; if you have a 60 kWh car (as Kip and I do), mating it to 19" Michelin Pilot Sport tires will apparently give you the best-handling vanilla Model S short of a P85 or a P85+! With the lighter weight of the 60 over the 85 and with the sport tires, the 60 would do well on the track, according to him.

Nice pics, TEG. Interesting how the input cables are relatively thin compared to the extra beefy output connectors. I guess it's because there are 4 inputs (3 phases and a ground?) vs 1 output. (actually 2 output connectors per supercharger box but full power through one at a time)

I'm feeling a bit stupid now. I didn't check the forum before the event and missed my chance to meet Teg.

I did meet a couple other owners, though, which was cool. Didn't get to drive, or even ride, in a Tesla, sadly. I did get to ride in the EV West BMW and I really wish I could compare the two experiences. The EV West machine was nuts!