Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
Hello all!

It seems that our refreshed MS LR/Plaids are on a different firmware release schedule than the rest of the Tesla family - most likely because our cars have a bastard alpha version of v11. This thread/Poll is to capture what firmware your refreshed MS has, or may be "updating" to. Please post your current firmware version, issues/comments, and also any updates you may receive over time.

My car was delivered on 8/13 with

Delivered 7/31 with 2021.12.25.5, no updates since

Issues:
  • Sentry Mode and Dashcam Save feature but NO Dashcam Viewer to view either footage (voice command also does not work)
  • No Sentry notifications on the phone (assume they should be some), only sentry notifications on the dash but no way to view
  • Owner's Manual freezes and crashes the entire infotainment
  • UI Buttons stop functioning at times, won't pop the frunk or trunk, have to go into the phone app to do it
  • No Disney+
  • Constant issues with the Streaming (slacker) music service, either gets stuck on buffering with full bars of service, or skips around the song on it's own
  • No way to quick wipe the windshield without opening the menu, clicking on wipers, then using the scroll wheel to switch to 1 setting and back to auto.
  • No way to toggle off speed volume auto adjuster, super annoying that the music gets extremely low when stopped at a stop sign or a red light
  • Trizone doesn't exist, back controls the front.

I created a ticket requesting for a software update from service, noting that other people have newer software that fixes my issues, they said there's nothing wrong with my car and it's on the latest software. Told me I might get a new version in 2 weeks when engineering team decides my car needs an update.

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 12.55.27 PM.png

Last edited:
Hi guys. Glad to see some of you again on another thread. Like @jebinc my car was delivered on Friday with 2021.12.9.4. I messaged service for an update and I have told that I have the most recent software for the LR. Is that true?
It’s a lie. Just like them telling me that my car is on the latest software is a lie (which is newer than yours but not the newest)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So both cars were Plaids with different software versions delivered?

8/13 with 2021.12.4.9 and 7/31 with 2021.12.25.5

Can we assume 4.9 is the latest and best? because of the later delivery? Anyone know the differences between these two versions? Not sure how 24.3 is the latest version (based on Ramphex's table). 24.4 should be later than 24.3 right?

So both cars were Plaids with different software versions delivered?

8/13 with 2021.12.4.9 and 7/31 with 2021.12.25.5

Can we assume 4.9 is the latest and best? because of the later delivery? Anyone know the differences between these two versions? Not sure how 24.3 is the latest version (based on Ramphex's table). 24.4 should be later than 24.3 right?
you're reading the numbers differently.

The number after the 2021 is the week of the release, so 2021.12.X.Y is older than 2021.24.A.B, regardless of what the X or A is. So, 2021.12.25.7 is older than 2021.24.4 because the week of release (12 vs. 24) is what matters first. The 25 is an increment number.

@omarsultan is on 24 as well. He has a functional Dashcam Viewer with an icon for it in the dock, not sure about other improvements.
It’s weird to see so many cars with 2021.12 not getting the 2021.24 update. This F’d up practice seems unique to the refreshed S series, as I never saw that with my Modwl 3. Even the 3 updated to the latest within a couple of days of delivery. WTF is the reason for this BS? Anyone know?

What did you notice as improvements with the latest 2021.24 release compared to the 2021.12 version?
Primary improvement is having a Dashcam Viewer (vs. trying to open via voice command). Other improvements are the addition of Disney+ (kids like it), the theater mode works smoothly again (there's a glitch in 25.7 that causes theater mode to go blank), and car wash mode (which disables some of the automation when washing your car, like auto-present handles, etc.). Autodim for mirrors was welcome addition as well.

There are some other changes that didn't apply to me - autopark improvements (I don't have FSD) and staying connected to WiFi while driving (I have the year of premium connectivity, so this isn't relevant, yet).

you're reading the numbers differently.

The number after the 2021 is the week of the release, so 2021.12.X.Y is older than 2021.24.A.B, regardless of what the X or A is. So, 2021.12.25.7 is older than 2021.24.4 because the week of release (12 vs. 24) is what matters first. The 25 is an increment number.
Thanks! Wonder what our car will have. EDD August 19 - August 31

Primary improvement is having a Dashcam Viewer (vs. trying to open via voice command). Other improvements are the addition of Disney+ (kids like it), the theater mode works smoothly again (there's a glitch in 25.7 that causes theater mode to go blank), and car wash mode (which disables some of the automation when washing your car, like auto-present handles, etc.). Autodim for mirrors was welcome addition as well.

There are some other changes that didn't apply to me - autopark improvements (I don't have FSD) and staying connected to WiFi while driving (I have the year of premium connectivity, so this isn't relevant, yet).
How about bug fixes? How can you tell if the S has cellular connection. I see the WiFi icon but nothing for cellular like my 3 had?

How about bug fixes? How can you tell if the S has cellular connection. I see the WiFi icon but nothing for cellular like my 3 had?

It will only show one or the other and I think wifi will trump cellular, Mine shows cellular until I pull into my garage or office and then switches automatically to wifi.

Delivered 7/31 with 2021.12.25.5, no updates since

Issues:
  • Sentry Mode and Dashcam Save feature but NO Dashcam Viewer to view either footage (voice command also does not work)
  • No Sentry notifications on the phone (assume they should be some), only sentry notifications on the dash but no way to view
  • Owner's Manual freezes and crashes the entire infotainment
  • UI Buttons stop functioning at times, won't pop the frunk or trunk, have to go into the phone app to do it
  • No Disney+
  • Constant issues with the Streaming (slacker) music service, either gets stuck on buffering with full bars of service, or skips around the song on it's own
  • No way to quick wipe the windshield without opening the menu, clicking on wipers, then using the scroll wheel to switch to 1 setting and back to auto.
  • No way to toggle off speed volume auto adjuster, super annoying that the music gets extremely low when stopped at a stop sign or a red light
  • Trizone doesn't exist, back controls the front.

I created a ticket requesting for a software update from service, noting that other people have newer software that fixes my issues, they said there's nothing wrong with my car and it's on the latest software. Told me I might get a new version in 2 weeks when engineering team decides my car needs an update.

View attachment 697779
Adding to the list, Theater section goes blank occasionally