Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that the price increases aren't nice, but weren't the prices higher back around 2016-2017? I know that my 2016 S was significantly more expensive than my 2017 S. Just trying to add some levity to the situation. Also, didn't the refreshed S already go through a price increase later on in 2021?

Just looked at my 2016 S order. Car was 88k after taxes with every option except rear facing seats, premium audio and I ordered 60D (later unlocked for 2k to 75kwh).

At one point in 2020 raven S was only 69420. Best deal.

I had a model S plaid for about two weeks. I had that same issue and didn’t have time to solve it before I sold the car. Not sure if it’s going to continue on the model X I have coming. Wasn’t clear if it was a car issue or a supercharger issue.
I was at the KC SC over the weekend and took a look at a "new" Plaid (the one with new tail lights and charge port). I was able to open the charge port by simply pushing on it. I confirmed that the car was locked. I thought to open the charge ports you either had to have the connector at the door or you had to open it from inside. Is that different now with the updated models?

Reactions: Great White
Hello,
Just got VIN this morning. -NF335xxx. EDD now 3/25-3/31. Order date 8/21.
MXP, red, cream, 6 seater, 22. Northern NJ. :)
Just got a delivery date of 3/19. Will update on the outcome and experience. I picked up a MSP in December, and having my son who has experienced the Tesla pick up experience (he has a M3P) helped quite a bit. If you can have someone go with you with Tesla pick up experience do it. Also a second pair of eyes for inspection also helps.
cheers,

Thanks to everyone who is sharing stories about the wild journey we all seem to be on. I haven't posted much since I joined and put my order on hold. Here is the update on my journey

Ordered: 01/17/22
- Long Range
- Pearl White Ext
- White Int
- 6 Seater
- FSD
- 20 inch wheels

After I ordered on 01/17/22, I figured it would be a while and I just put the thought aside after catching up on this forum. To my surprise, two days later on 01/19/22, I was assigned a VIN and I was getting a text to take delivery on 01/23/22. I wasn't quite ready to make the purchase at the time so I declined the delivery. Plus, I couldn't imagine that the VIN I was assigned was declined for some reason and sitting on the lot. I declined the VIN on 01/21/22 and put my order on hold until 01/23/22. Today (01/23/22) I took the order off hold and got a EDD of January 2023.

Not much else to report. We will see if/when the EDD shifts, but I'm not in any big rush. Seeing the pics and hearing the delivery stories have been super helpful. I did order a wall charger this week and it should be here Friday. No rush to install it and stare at it in my garage just taunting me. This forum is enough a reminder lol. I'll post updates as I have them!

Just got a delivery date of 3/19. Will update on the outcome and experience. I picked up a MSP in December, and having my son who has experienced the Tesla pick up experience (he has a M3P) helped quite a bit. If you can have someone go with you with Tesla pick up experience do it. Also a second pair of eyes for inspection also helps.
cheers,

I'm taking my wife, and while she doesn't have any Tesla pickup experience she is eagle eyed and meticulous. She'll spot the tiniest imperfection or speck of dirt from a mile away. Normally this annoys the hell out of me lol... But in this situation it will come in handy.

Plaid X went in for service to fix the issues from delivery. Does this mean I’m allowed back in this group for a few days? They gave me a loaner performance Y and can I just say it is absolutely awful! I have a performance 3 and original X as well and love both but this Y just feels so cheap inside. Everything feels sized horribly wrong. I assume it’s because they used all the same interior parts like steering wheel and screen from the 3 but because the y is much bigger than the 3 it just looks silly. Especially the tiny steering wheel!! It doesn’t handle well at all around turns either the entire body feels like a boat rocking back and forth. Anyone considering a Y should be warned! I have loved every Tesla I have driven until the Y.

Anxiously awaiting my X back 🙏

cheers,
Me and my wife picked up delivery twice and we don't really picky on details. Just look around as the same as we bought our gas cars before. We are still love and enjoy our MX and MY.

Plaid X went in for service to fix the issues from delivery. Does this mean I’m allowed back in this group for a few days? They gave me a loaner performance Y and can I just say it is absolutely awful! I have a performance 3 and original X as well and love both but this Y just feels so cheap inside. Everything feels sized horribly wrong. I assume it’s because they used all the same interior parts like steering wheel and screen from the 3 but because the y is much bigger than the 3 it just looks silly. Especially the tiny steering wheel!! It doesn’t handle well at all around turns either the entire body feels like a boat rocking back and forth. Anyone considering a Y should be warned! I have loved every Tesla I have driven until the Y.

Anxiously awaiting my X back 🙏
I have a performance model Y and I disagree with every point you just made. I also had a 2018 Model 3 before that. The Y is amazing just like every other vehicle that Tesla makes. I like my Model Y more than my model 3 in every way.

My Nov. 2021 Plaid deliver date just tightened to March 15-21 and I expect it will VIN soon. Now that I'm able to get my 2021 LR order ahead I'm contemplating should I take the Plaid order resell it. Given taxes + registration + resell I'm not sure it's worth it. What would you do?

Reactions: CoryMD
Tesla responds quickly to supply and demand. At some point our crazy economy will swing in a different direction and Tesla will respond with lower prices if market conditions indicate it is to their benefit to do so. They have done it before and they react very quickly, (unlike legacy auto makers). There are many competitors just getting ramped up and there will be competitive pressure in the future. Tesla will make pricing changes when it makes sense. Hyundai and Kia are making big waves right now, BMW is coming on strong with i4 and iX models, Ford has big plans, Rivian and Lucid are still in the running and many other compelling options are becoming available, practically every day. Tesla has huge profit margin built into their products that lets them change their pricing dramatically while still remaining profitable.
The good news is everyone on this forum thread has already ordered at much more attractive pricing so we have already won.
Hope you are right about honoring our order pricing. The bigger the difference, the bigger the motivation to break the deal...

Reactions: mr-dmitry
I have a performance model Y and I disagree with every point you just made. I also had a 2018 Model 3 before that. The Y is amazing just like every other vehicle that Tesla makes. I like my Model Y more than my model 3 in every way.
I'm with you Johnny Mac. I bought a MYP to dip my toe in the Tesla waters. If anything, the MYP feels even more connected to the road than the MX via the lower suspension and lower profile tires. I don't feel like it boat rocks at all... if anything too stiff! But not out of line with sportier cars I've owned in the past (e.g., a BMW X3m). For context, I just came from a Porsche Cayenne. Obviously the MYP is a step back in terms of suspension and handling, but the adrenaline from the acceleration plus the clean cabin (my Porsche had SO MANY BUTTONS) more than makes up for it.

I've ordered the MXP b/c I love the tech and simplicity of the Tesla, but I'm looking for something that can accommodate my larger family and is more comfortable for longer hauls (I miss my Porche's dynamic air suspension). But I'll keep the Y to rip around town.

Reactions: JBTMX
I was at the KC SC over the weekend and took a look at a "new" Plaid (the one with new tail lights and charge port). I was able to open the charge port by simply pushing on it. I confirmed that the car was locked. I thought to open the charge ports you either had to have the connector at the door or you had to open it from inside. Is that different now with the updated models?
I can push the port on mine and it opens too when the car is unlocked. That should be normal.