Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I get that order date is one factor but I think the frustration is this: i ordered BEFORE Pdudkiewicz, exact same configuration, and I live 3,000 miles CLOSER to the factory than they do. I understand it’s a big puzzle piece but sometimes it gets frustrating when you can’t find a rhyme or reason to their delivery.
Unfortunately location to the factory is just one of the puzzle pieces.. to me it seems like they’re working coasts first, knowing it takes the most time to get to east coast. So VIN to truck pickup truck to delivery in FL or NY may be 2-3 weeks. VIN to truck pickup to Reno may be 1-2 weeks and they’re aiming to prioritize how much inventory is stuck in logistics come year end.

Reactions: zapparino
Yeah I get that order date is one factor but I think the frustration is this: i ordered BEFORE Pdudkiewicz, exact same configuration, and I live 3,000 miles CLOSER to the factory than they do. I understand it’s a big puzzle piece but sometimes it gets frustrating when you can’t find a rhyme or reason to their delivery.
If it helps ease your frustration a bit... @Pdudkiewicz doesn't have a VIN yet. They shared their order date because they were sleuthing the randomness of EDD changes.

Unfortunately location to the factory is just one of the puzzle pieces.. to me it seems like they’re working coasts first, knowing it takes the most time to get to east coast. So VIN to truck pickup truck to delivery in FL or NY may be 2-3 weeks. VIN to truck pickup to Reno may be 1-2 weeks and they’re aiming to prioritize how much inventory is stuck in logistics come year end.
Yeah know there has to be a reason but it doesn’t make it any less frustrating. Especially because I told them I can drive to factory (less than 4hrs away) and they said it wouldn’t help. That makes zero sense to me.

Reactions: Zygote1975
Yeah know there has to be a reason but it doesn’t make it any less frustrating. Especially because I told them I can drive to factory (less than 4hrs away) and they said it wouldn’t help. That makes zero sense to me.
Try calling Amazon to go pick up your order from the warehouse.. kinda the same applies. It’s such a large big operation, trying to pull 1 car out of queue for a different process to pickup sometimes might cause more work?

Hoping the fact I’m still showing building your car and that my 7 seater order is from September 2020 that 7 seater production will start delivering promptly in January.
I highly doubt we'll see any 7 seaters in Jan with the slow progress we've seen 6 seaters moving. Also, I'm willing to take delivery anywhere. As a matter of fact, I'll be in Naples, FL for Christmas, so East Coast works for me!

Hoping the fact I’m still showing building your car and that my 7 seater order is from September 2020 that 7 seater production will start delivering promptly in January.
When I got “the call” in early October to switch from 7 to 6 seats they told me that 7 seats would be march or later…which is why I switched. My original order is 10/29/20.

Reactions: cirez and NGKempf
I highly doubt we'll see any 7 seaters in Jan with the slow progress we've seen 6 seaters moving. Also, I'm willing to take delivery anywhere. As a matter of fact, I'll be in Naples, FL for Christmas, so East Coast works for me!
I was thinking about that... I'll be in Washington state for the end of the year ... I'm considering flying back to take delivery on 12/31 if it comes to that.

Reactions: Stro
Sawyer Merritt just put on twitter that a possible leaked email from Elon to staff indicated not pushing for heroic deliveries for end of qtr. So may be more measured deliveries. Really thought we would see the normal push at end of qtr
Of course… the one time in my life that I’m waiting for a damn Tesla…. They decide they are going to take it easy on the deliveries.

I’ll have to disagree.. the X overflow parking has gone from literally jammed full to half empty in 2 weeks? The Kato S lot is maybe 25% capacity from where it was?

Clearly those cars are going somewhere. I don’t remember who made the point earlier, but what % of people with S/X orders are actually on here? Maybe a few%?

My money is on most 6 seat X orders through Q1 of 2021 getting delivered by year end..
Yes, we'll have to disagree.

There was always a mixture of Xs and Ss in the test area. Kato is strictly the S backlog. There's also 15 Model X test mules that are sitting around somewhere. Unless there's a clear video that shows Model Xs moving out of the test lot into the logistics lot it's all speculative. It's speculative by the drone pilot that cars are moving out as opposed to simply moving around. It's also still not a huge number of vehicles sitting on the test track that we're talking about - probably a hundred at most. There's almost nothing on social media with Model X deliveries being posted, little of anything here and while it's not necessarily a full count of what's going on, it's still only reflects a trickle of production at best. Most of what has been moved looks to be the Model S - not so much of the Model X.

I would hope that somethings going to give, but then everything announced by Tesla about the Model X up to now has missed virtually all of what it's said would happen. March, April, 1 month after S production, and now we're sitting close to 5-6 months thereafter. I get it that "production is hard", that there's supply chain issues, that there's software issues, that there's probably a slew of other things going on in the background BUT at some point it would be nice if Tesla actually got one of their statements with regards to the Model X production correct.

Try calling Amazon to go pick up your order from the warehouse.. kinda the same applies. It’s such a large big operation, trying to pull 1 car out of queue for a different process to pickup sometimes might cause more work?
I get it with Amazon as they don’t really exist doing deliveries at a warehouse. With Tesla that’s where they did the first five and that’s an option as we see by folks getting deliveries there. I’m not sure how difficult it would be to hit the delete button 4 times to get rid of Reno as delivery location and type Freemont. When that happens it would take it off the logistics lot all together and delivery truck space is made for one more car. Seems like an easy fix but what do I know.

Ordered Model X 6 seater with white interior in 3/2021. Assigned Vin# 11/22/2021 but delivery date said January 2022.

Sales associate reached out on Wednesday for me to start my loan documents. Went back into my app and shows a delivery date of 12/7.. really excited for Christmas this year!
Could you post your VIN minus the last two numbers?

• Love
Reactions: Fulkth and TWENT2
Ordered Model X 6 seater with white interior in 3/2021. Assigned Vin# 11/22/2021 but delivery date said January 2022.

Sales associate reached out on Wednesday for me to start my loan documents. Went back into my app and shows a delivery date of 12/7.. really excited for Christmas this year!

Congrats!!! I ordered a month after you also white interior 6 seater…. But I’m on the wrong coast for the electric movement

But this group is a minority compared to the overall Tesla population. To think otherwise is rather silly. I will say that we've only seen East & West coast peeps get cars though. I haven't seen any evidence of anywhere else getting deliveries. While I hope everyone gets theirs, I'm focused on Texas getting theirs.
Definitely a minority but even if you said we represent 5-10% we are taking less than 100 deliveries total.