Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whatever it is, whoever you guys are, I love these people in this forum here. Feels like being a good friends, talking about our interesting area and exchanging information. It’s so sad that this will be end after we all got our Xs (I know it will be also extremely exiting to get our car better than waiting here forever lol). Hope we make another sub-forum to keep chatting about newest updates and informations after we got our Xs and gather there again. Also, praying to get our Xs very soon!
Thanks everyone!
I hope we will all migrate onto a new thread to share our experience with getting our new X's soon!!!

I texted my SA yesterday and like everyone here has said, take it with a grain of salt and the fact that they don't know anything.
He basically said the best update to the Model X EDD will be the one currently listed on account. Best guess is towards the end of the year. They haven't received any updates on the X deliveries yet.

• Love
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I texted my SA yesterday and like everyone here has said, take it with a grain of salt and the fact that they don't know anything.
He basically said the best update to the Model X EDD will be the one currently listed on account. Best guess is towards the end of the year. They haven't received any updates on the X deliveries yet.
Funny that some SA say they were told xyz and others say they were told nothing. Wonder if they aren't supposed to say anything and that's when you get the "check your account" line vs the others who say we actually have some for delivery on the way. Big difference.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Uh oh. My January just reappeared.
1633621833616.png

Claims that the FWDs have any particular design or manufacturing problems is just plain false. There have only really been two "issues" at a systemic level. First were the initial problems during the original X launch period. Those were resolved relatively quickly (a few months). The other was the lack of ultrasonic sensors for certain scenarios that led to doors lowering themselves despite someone being underneath them. That's obviously avoidable, but there are reports that additional sensors now detect that situation.

We had an August 2017 build X and never had a single issue with those doors - ever. In fact, we didn't really have any issues with the minor exception that one of the third row seat motors had to be replaced because the seat would lock into the down position.
Easy there. I didn't say there are any design/manufacturing problems. I said that I was nervous about the complexity so I went to the people that actually deal with the cars, my SC. They said that they were very reliable which made me feel better. The only comment they had was what I posted, that sometimes the ultrasonic sensors don't work properly when the car is heat soaked (it gets much hotter here than in the Bay Area). Something about expansion due to heat causes the ultrasonics to think there is an obstruction on opening when there isn't one. But that you could override it and it will open just fine. I am satisfied enough to keep my order!

He basically said the best update to the Model X EDD will be the one currently listed on account. Best guess is towards the end of the year. They haven't received any updates on the X deliveries yet
Don’t seem like those are the best lol we seen how that went, april, june, september, blank, all missed targets lol

Claims that the FWDs have any particular design or manufacturing problems is just plain false. There have only really been two "issues" at a systemic level.
Three if you count the deteriorating rubber seals (embedded in the roof glass). That was *clearly* a design/manufacturing problem. But yes your point is generally correct. FWDs aren't nearly as much drama as some believe..