Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X Matrix Headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
take it with a grain of salt

1646256201306.png

I also would like an update as well! I’m holding off buying one for this reason at the moment.
Yep, I’m holding off for this and when they add the additional cameras. I expect sometime around June-October. Competition is heating up in the 100k price range. If they drop the X another $10k, then I’ll just jump in. Higher % rates and slower sales will either cause upgrades to compete or cost reduction for the same reason.

Yep, I’m holding off for this and when they add the additional cameras. I expect sometime around June-October. Competition is heating up in the 100k price range. If they drop the X another $10k, then I’ll just jump in. Higher % rates and slower sales will either cause upgrades to compete or cost reduction for the same reason.
I’m also 100% in this boat! I’m waiting till the fall/winter time so hopefully the price comes down and doesn’t go up instead. That’s what happened last time I was in the market and the price ended up jumping to close to 120k which was unreal! I’ve made peace that we aren’t getting USS back but hopefully with HW4 and Tesla vision/more cameras it makes up for it

I’m also 100% in this boat! I’m waiting till the fall/winter time so hopefully the price comes down and doesn’t go up instead. That’s what happened last time I was in the market and the price ended up jumping to close to 120k which was unreal! I’ve made peace that we aren’t getting USS back but hopefully with HW4 and Tesla vision/more cameras it makes up for it
I don’t see how Elon could raise prices at this point unless he offers some new re-design or serious upgrade that would make a compelling argument for a price increase.

Tesla in Norway says the new cars that will arrive soon, have new headlights. And some of us with new refresh X can probably swap without problems. My "old" headlights are not the same as regular X. Difrent wiring and model 3 "code". The headlights was also opened / modified / sealed from factory. A really shitty job. Looks like a 5 year old kids done it. Let's hope this rumors are true

Tesla in Norway says the new cars that will arrive soon, have new headlights. And some of us with new refresh X can probably swap without problems. My "old" headlights are not the same as regular X. Difrent wiring and model 3 "code". The headlights was also opened / modified / sealed from factory. A really shitty job. Looks like a 5 year old kids done it. Let's hope this rumors are true

first I heard the Model X not having the same headlights that are on the Model S since 3/22 (matrix). So are they the same ones on my 2021 Model S Plaid?

Hi Kristoffer

Sounds interesting but I'm not following everything you are writing. Could you expand/elaborate?

I expect that the wiring will have to be different to Matrix headlights as it will need to include data as opposed to "simple" headlights, so I don't expect non-Matrix to be upgradable. Someone also mentioned in the forum that this was the case with the Model S when it switched to Matrix last year.

I wonder and hope they will upgrade them soon, I pushed the delivery by 3months to late June. We should see any changes pop up in the US first though as the cars are already reaching customers while our European cars produced before the US delivered ones are still on the way/boat.

first I heard the Model X not having the same headlights that are on the Model S since 3/22 (matrix). So are they the same ones on my 2021 Model S Plaid?
Model S and X have different headlights, had for a while. S changed to Matrix almost a year ago. X had some minor upgrades from what I read but still no Matrix.

I understand however, that this should change sooner than later (unconfirmed)

Reactions: Propofoln
Hmm, I'm supposed to take delivery on my Model X Plaid next week. (VIN PF396885 already assigned) I wonder if I should wait and try pushing back my delivery? 🤔
I pushed back my early April delivery due to HW4 and park assist, hoping also that matrix would still come.

With Tesla you will always have the fear of missing out. The next cool thing will always be around the corner. After the matrix will be the additional cameras in the bumpers.

It's up to you how important that specific feature it is

Last edited:
Reactions: jiehan
I pushed back my early April delivery due to HW4 and park assist, hoping also that matrix would still come.

With Tesla you will always have the fear of missing out. The next cool thing will always be around the corner. After the matrix will be the additional cameras in the bumpers.

It's up to you how important that specific feature it is
Agreed.

BTW what exactly is that link you posted in German - is it based on some internal Tesla document?