Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral increase for X and S to 20,000 credits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what does 20k credits translate to in the Tesla world, $2.00? Or are we up to a dime a point? They must have killed the market by initially only offering the yoke. Probably killed off a lot of enthusiasm when it first came out and hard to get that magic back.

I couldn't in good conscience recommend anyone to buy a new S or X. Removal of USS with no replacement is a total cluster. At least the 3 have some crappy replacement that might work in some situations. Which means the only Tesla I'd actively refer is a 3. I pretty much hated my wife except for a very few specific things.

Has anyone actually received the 20,000 points for making a referral with the latest program. Two weeks ago a friend made a referral to me and I did receive the $1,000 discount but he did not receive any notice of my referral. My Tesla sales rep said, oh he will receive upon delivery. I took delivery on Wednesday and still nothing, then they told me to wait 24-48 hours—nothing. When I reached back out they told me they were only their to help up until I take delivery, and I would have to contact someone else at Tesla—which I did, and they still didn’t have any answers.

Were you an existing Tesla customer when you used the referral link? If so, it will be converted to a loyalty bonus, which have the same benefits for the buyer but no benefit for a referrer. In order to get the referral, the buyer must be a net-new Tesla customer.

Were you an existing Tesla customer when you used the referral link? If so, it will be converted to a loyalty bonus, which have the same benefits for the buyer but no benefit for a referrer. In order to get the referral, the buyer must be a net-new Tesla customer.
So my brother referred me to get my new tesla, I paid the deposit using Apple Pay and it automatically used my apple pay email for the order and created a new account even though I already had a Model X on my OG account. I contacted tesla an they merged the accounts, added benefit was my brother still got referral credits, though it was right before the increase to 20,000 points.
Just FYI if someone is going to order another tesla and still wants the referral points just use another account and have them merge it after order.

No one from Tesal has yet given me that information. Thanks for the replies--typical Tesla fine details not clearly spelled out. I love them, purchased my first Model S in 2016, and am responsible for three other friends buy--but the communications from them is all too horrific.

Yes, I was--so thats probably the issue. You, think one of the several people from Tesla would have known that--well--not really! :)

This may have been answered somewhere, but can't seem to find it. I referred myself (Model 3 owner purchasing a Model S). I received the $1000 off my Model S purchase, but aren't I supposed to earn referral credits? My app is still showing 0 credits available, and I took delivery a week ago.

Just FYI if someone is going to order another tesla and still wants the referral points just use another account and have them merge it after order.

I'm in this situation where I want accounts merged, how do I go about getting accounts merged, so that I can take advantage of FSD transfer. Haven't taken delivery yet(coming up next week). Ordered MX with a new account for wife in June 2023 reffering from my acccount. In June, FSD transfer was not a thing(I had emailed and they said they had no plans to do it), postponed delivery because the MX didn’t have matrix lights. Then came the big price drop and FSD transfer incentive. The vin just got assigned and reordering is going to make me lose a few things. Wondering if I can get accounts merged to get FSD transfer and not lose any referral benefits. Sales advisor told “no other vehicles found on this account’ with a straight face, and I don't blame them.

Hi I think what might work for you is to email: [email protected] to get your accounts merged first. Then once the old vehicle and new assigned vin order is on the same account ask for FSD transfer. Once an order is placed with referral code applied I do not think they can take it off, just as they cannot apply it after an order is placed.

• Love
Reactions: c0smicdirt
Update - Called Customer Support, HOTLINE (877)798-3752 opt 2 and then 4. They merged the accounts and was able to transfer FSD to new order. All this took only 40 mins. I missed out on the referral benefit(20k points) and drop in loyalty benefit(used to be $1000 off in June when I placed the order compared to today which is $500, system seems to have applied the latest).