Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on a Model X reservation with $1000 off referral.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model X with local Bay Area delivery using my referral code when the referral discount was $1000 (instead of the current $250). I have since decided not to buy it.

My question - is there is a way to pass this reservation on to someone else? If yes, how can that be done, and where can I advertise it? I would just like to get my $250 reservation fee back and keep my referral on the order. The new owner will get at least $500 in savings that way over using a referral code with current terms.

Thank you!

I've heard of some folks doing this (and actually selling reservations) in the bygone era of rising prices. Some have had success with it, but my understanding is that you essentially have to give your Tesla account to whomever you're selling the car to, which would likely be difficult - if not impossible - if you own another Tesla or plan to one day. There are probably other hoops you'd need to jump through as well, but I'm not intimately familiar with the process.

Bottom line: it's not worth doing for a few hundred dollars, imo.

Reactions: ishareit