Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Redwood Motorsports FPX Coilovers for Model 3 & Y - RE-STOCKED!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting patiently for them to arrive.

I’m actually expecting them to arrive sometime end of this week.
I have mine, the GT version, I drove up to Monterey then Oakland for a couple days and arranged to have them installed at Redwood Motorsports while up that way. Big difference even over the newer "comfort suspension", finally feels like the suspension has some travel now especially when it's loaded

I have mine, the GT version, I drove up to Monterey then Oakland for a couple days and arranged to have them installed at Redwood Motorsports while up that way. Big difference even over the newer "comfort suspension", finally feels like the suspension has some travel now especially when it's loaded

That's great news!

If it beats the newer suspension then I will be thrilled once installed. I've experienced the new comfort and it is definitely a lot better.

I have a couple of questions if you don’t mind answering. Did they upgrade your springs to swift springs? By any chance you know how low can it go? They said it can be lowered but they didn’t specify the range.

Thank you.
For a Model 3.

I’m still playing around with mine. I found that the front it allows a wide range of adjustment from 1 finger gap upwards of stock.

I am struggling with the rear as it refuses to go below a 3 finger gap at maxed out low. I feel I need to remove a couple of the locking rings on the rear spring perch to even get it to 2 finger gap.

I’m letting it sit a few days to let it settle but as of right now front can go low. Rear can go down to 3 finger gap without removing some of the locking rings.

Sorry no photo of the wheel off currently but you can see it is max low.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: RedRedWyyy
they get $995 plus charge for an alignment so they are pricier on the install than anyone else

For your kit did it come with a helper spring?
I noticed mine for the rear just came with one bigger spring vs that with a helper. Wondering if this is a new setup from Redwood. Having a more difficult time getting it to the 360mm height as the bigger spring can’t go lower than 380mm.

For a Model 3.

I’m still playing around with mine. I found that the front it allows a wide range of adjustment from 1 finger gap upwards of stock.

I am struggling with the rear as it refuses to go below a 3 finger gap at maxed out low. I feel I need to remove a couple of the locking rings on the rear spring perch to even get it to 2 finger gap.

I’m letting it sit a few days to let it settle but as of right now front can go low. Rear can go down to 3 finger gap without removing some of the locking rings.

Sorry no photo of the wheel off currently but you can see it is max low.
I see. Thank you. Man that might be a pass for me.

I see. Thank you. Man that might be a pass for me.

I might have to see how much it settles. When I add about 60 pounds of weight in the trunk it drops a good 20mm so I decided add my 100 pound dumbbells and that didn’t do as much a drop as the initial 60, like 5mm lower. Right now I’m at 380-385mm and they say it can go as low as 360mm. That’s about another 0.7 inch drop which would allow 2 finger gap all around.

I’ll report back in if I see changes within the week. I might be in the break in period as the ride is a bit rougher than expected at full soft too. I’ve read from others it changes drastically over time.

I might have to see how much it settles. When I add about 60 pounds of weight in the trunk it drops a good 20mm so I decided add my 100 pound dumbbells and that didn’t do as much a drop as the initial 60, like 5mm lower. Right now I’m at 380-385mm and they say it can go as low as 360mm. That’s about another 0.7 inch drop which would allow 2 finger gap all around.

I’ll report back in if I see changes within the week. I might be in the break in period as the ride is a bit rougher than expected at full soft too. I’ve read from others it changes drastically over time.
thank you thank you!!! I know I can’t win it all between ride quality, ride height and price. So I just gotta pick what’s more important haha. The 10% off Ohlins is good til this Sunday so I have couple days to think about it.

thank you thank you!!! I know I can’t win it all between ride quality, ride height and price. So I just gotta pick what’s more important haha. The 10% off Ohlins is good til this Sunday so I have couple days to think about it.

If you are talking about the off the shelf Ohlins kits then that is a whole different set.

I’m rocking the Ohlins Redwood GT tuned kit which in general both Redwood kits ride way better than the Ohlins off the shelf. The Ohlins off the shelf kit ride like a BMW M3 car on sport + setting. Extremely track oriented and very rough. You’d need to instantly purchase the softer spring rates 8/9k rating to tame the beast a bit more.

So it’d be save 10% and spend $400 on a softer spring rate to bring it down to a “decent” ride quality. But that’s just my opinion. I’ve ridden in one with both stock and softer spring rates on the Ohlins and it was a deal breaker for me to say pass when it comes to comfort.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
If you are talking about the off the shelf Ohlins kits then that is a whole different set.

I’m rocking the Ohlins Redwood GT tuned kit which in general both Redwood kits ride way better than the Ohlins off the shelf. The Ohlins off the shelf kit ride like a BMW M3 car on sport + setting. Extremely track oriented and very rough. You’d need to instantly purchase the softer spring rates 8/9k rating to tame the beast a bit more.
Yeah I’m looking at the RedWood’s Ohlins. They have a 10% off til this Sunday so I thought I should look into it. If not I would probably get their FPX kit

Yeah I’m looking at the RedWood’s Ohlins. They have a 10% off til this Sunday so I thought I should look into it. If not I would probably get their FPX kit

FPX kit would just be the same GTs minus the gold standard Ohlins dampers. Both great and both will have the same ride height adjustments.

For 10% off I’d honestly go for Ohlins FP Spec over FPX for that extra Swedish gold.

For your kit did it come with a helper spring?
I noticed mine for the rear just came with one bigger spring vs that with a helper. Wondering if this is a new setup from Redwood. Having a more difficult time getting it to the 360mm height as the bigger spring can’t go lower than 380mm.
Don't see a helper on mine either, with the GT kit I know it is not recommended to go as low as it has the softer spring rate, since I was looking to stay stock it did not matter to me.

I have a couple of questions if you don’t mind answering. Did they upgrade your springs to swift springs? By any chance you know how low can it go? They said it can be lowered but they didn’t specify the range.

Thank you.
Mine does have the Swift springs, mine is the Ohlins GT kit and I believe all of the Ohlins kits come with Swift but you would have to confirm with them, Do not no on the lowering as I wanted to keep stock height.

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpeg
    IMG_0280.jpeg
    510.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0278.jpeg
    IMG_0278.jpeg
    589.3 KB · Views: 91

Thank you.

Also note that the FPX kit comes with free swift springs for now. Don’t know when they will change that.

My best guess since the hardware looks so similar is that 360mm from center of the wheel to fender is the lowest it would go and after it can go up to stock and some more.

Redwood Ohlins kit comes with swift by default. The spring rates just change as you move from GT to Performance.

Just in time for the full summer swing...

We have another HUGE RE-STOCK off all our in-house designed suspension kits for the Model 3 & Model Y!​

We've been installing about 1-2 of these kits per day here at the Fremont facility, and recently ran clean out of inventory. Our new batch of raw shocks have now arrived and our team is building them up as we speak. All new local installs and online orders are expected to be available and start shipping the first half of July.

This applies to the following Redwood Motorsports kits:
Contact us for special TMC Member pricing deals using our website or [email protected]

Grab your kit before we sell out... again! :cool:🏁

redwood fpspec.jpg

IMG_7756-(W2).PNG
IMG_7755-(W).PNG
IMG_7754-(W).PNG