Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Brake Calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't understand why would anybody even want red calipers ... they will soon get dirty and it will show very clearly on the red paint. THey won't look good at all then. No way I would ever clean the brake calipers on my car!
Really? ME TOO!!! I mean...red calipers??? Now if they were orange, or maybe purple, or PINK!!! :rolleyes: My take on it is: to each his/her own! I just think it's cool that some get exactly what they want!

I wasn't referring to colours but to how much a PITA to keep clean (and nice looking) coloured brake calipers must be and that I wouldn't inflict that upon myself, but whatever.

I think that this would be the case if this is an ICE. Since regen braking is what most of us use to slow the car down, there's not nearly as much brake dust build up.

I wasn't referring to colours but to how much a PITA to keep clean (and nice looking) coloured brake calipers must be and that I wouldn't inflict that upon myself, but whatever.

I have red calipers on my other car and they're not so hard to keep clean. A quick swipe with the sponge is all it takes, as long as you wash the car fairly frequently. Of course, this depends somewhat on which wheels you have, but I don't have any trouble sponging off the calipers with the OEM 19s.

Anyone ever consider this? Some of the comments on one of the colors was by a guy who had used it several years ago and been so happy he was now doing it on his Model S:

http://amzn.com/B000AUMYMM
http://amzn.com/B000G2AOU8

(They also have more exotic color options, like orange, pink, white, etc.) I've been thinking about it for mine, but would love to see any photos of painted calipers on a Pearl White...

Last edited:
Any photos of Model S with red calipers on the standard 19" wheels ?

IMG_1773.JPG
IMG_1859 - Copy (2).jpg

The red calipers really pop in sunlight. Just a little hint of bad...