Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations for UK superchargers with best play facilities for children?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A stop with a chance to run around really helps with those long trips with children...

I'll start with one good recommendation. Hopwood park Birmingham has nice playground for all ages and fenced seating area by small lake right next to the superchargers.

Leicester Fosse park has climbing frame for older kids but it's often closed in winter or evenings and not that near the chargers.

Wish there were superchargers at Gloucester services which has great play facilities.

Flipin' heck ... I'm just grateful for a V3 stall in the general vicinity of where I'm headed!

Anyway ... I was dubious about being directed off the motorway to Trentham Gardens but they have great facilities of all kinds and 8 super-wizz V3 Superchargers! Worth the short diversion as an alternative to Keele (4 V2 chargers).

Reactions: Nujec
Upvote 0
I forgot Exeter. Great playground with a large open grass area next to the chargers. Be careful to choose the faster chargers furthest from the main road. Farm shop was closed when I visited, not sure if that means no toilets outside shop hours.

Some reviews say road queues can be bad at busy times.

Upvote 0
Maidstone is a particularly crappy charger (V2, six stalls, one stall out of order, a nightmare to park in) but there's a woodland walk past the new houses, and a playground ten minutes' walk away. Google Maps won't route-plan through the woodland paths, but you can see them in the satellite imagery of this map.

Flimwell also has a woodland walk adjacent to it, and I think there's some sort of 'spot all the [INSERT CHARACTER HERE]' activity on the walk.

Reactions: Nujec
Upvote 0