Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recell Experience Schertz Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the dreaded HV battery failure (module sensor line likely due to water and also low voltage module).

2015 Model S P85D, 112k miles out of warranty

Tesla estimate two days before the scheduled appt was $18.6k. This was 2 weeks from the date of failure.

In that time I jumped on here/FB and found a company called Recell that does manufactured batteries for $7.5-$10k including one way shipping. I had USAA tow the car there and it was done in a day. I left the car an extra few days while they fixed out of scope uncommon issues I had between other jobs.

Time will tell on quality/warranty but I’m super pleased with level of communication. Honest run down of what happened backed up by others in the forums. Extremely good communication (20+ texts) keeping me informed on everything and answering my questions within an hour. Fast turn around and extremely pleased with the experience. A fraction of the cost of what I was going to be forced to pay with Tesla and done weeks before I could even get in with tesla. Bravo! An alternative worthy of your consideration.

Attachments

• IMG_3702.jpeg
    IMG_3702.jpeg
    518.4 KB · Views: 65
Had the dreaded HV battery failure (module sensor line likely due to water and also low voltage module).

Tesla estimate two days before the scheduled appt was $18.6k. This was 2 weeks from the date of failure.

In that time I jumped on here/FB and found a company called Recell that does manufactured batteries for $7.5-$10k including one way shipping. I had USAA tow the car there and it was done in a day. I left the car an extra few days while they fixed out of scope uncommon issues I had between other jobs.

Time will tell on quality/warranty but I’m super pleased with level of communication. Honest run down of what happened backed up by others in the forums. Extremely good communication (20+ texts) keeping me informed on everything and answering my questions within an hour. Fast turn around and extremely pleased with the experience. A fraction of the cost of what I was going to be forced to pay with Tesla and done weeks before I could even get in with tesla. Bravo! An alternative worthy of your consideration.
Hey, I have a 2014 S P85D with same issue. Thinking of using Recell. Which pack did you get and does it provide similar acceleration?

Reactions: AAKEE

What is the estimated costs? Secondly what will your new range be? Curious like most of us

Reactions: AAKEE