Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Receiving texts about reduced charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting a couple weeks ago, every so often I'll get a text to my phone about charging being reduced because another vehicle plugged in and is sharing power. This happens when I'm charging at home with a Chargepoint Charger and not other vehicle attached to it. The latest text happened while I was sitting at full charge (90%). Is this spam or legit? Also, a couple days ago after charging overnight, I got into my car and it only charged to 60% with no alert from my app that charging stopped. I have no idea what's happening here.

It's a 2019 Model 3 standard range

Charging Text.png

My guess is that you're getting alerts for someone else's Chargepoint EVSE. For example, you could have gotten a warranty replacement, but still have the old unit on your account, which has since been refurbed and is in use. Or perhaps a simple typo when registering your unit.

Are you able to get legitimate alerts that originate from your EVSE? You might have to enable some easy ones to reproduce like start and end charging. You could also check and see whether you can verify the unit on your account matches your unit.