Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear jump seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a photo of one of the other cars with a cover over that space. So I would say yes.

Here is one that has the cover.

attachment.php

View attachment 2976

I have been cherry picking pictures of the event from various sources, journalists, event attendies, etc. The event was held over a period of 4 days, so in all likelihood, there is only one red car and Tesla didn't have to rush bolting/unbolting the seats for Elon's presentation; its just a matter of the photo being taken without all the event hoopla going on.

Okay, since your ride was right at the beginning, that was likely the car Elon used later in the day. Why would they bother removing them? I tell ya, there were two of 'em.

The conspiracy theory lives on! :) That picture with no seats was most definitely from the press event on Friday - I don't think any of us guests saw the trunk open during the test rides let alone capture that on camera. For the benefit of the press, Tesla could have setup both configurations some time apart in the same car :)

I have been cherry picking pictures of the event from various sources, journalists, event attendies, etc. The event was held over a period of 4 days, so in all likelihood, there is only one red car and Tesla didn't have to rush bolting/unbolting the seats for Elon's presentation; its just a matter of the photo being taken without all the event hoopla going on.

I noticed that they pulled the white car out of giving rides on Sunday about one hour prior to Elan's presentation. It put them way behind on rides, (I did not get one because of this, wahhh!), The white car with the car seats was used instead of the red one. So yes, they did rush on sunday.

I'm ok as I am fine to wait and drive one later. I had a 5:00 appointment with friends in south San Jose and my 3:30 reservation was going to be 4:30 to 5:00. I enjoyed seeing my friends that I had not seen for awhile. No worries. Yes, thanks I did get lunch.

The caption on this flickr photo:
Tesla S jumpseats in hatchback. Only for kids >60lbs, <10yrs

6332658316_150377967b_z.jpg
(Click on the picture if you want to see the flickr page.)

------

There must have been two red cars there, as the one Elon drove on stage had jump seats.

No, I think there was one red and one white. They showed off the red on Friday & Saturday and then the white on Sunday.
I think they had a "reason" to move the seats from the red to the white just prior to the on-stage event on Sunday.

Last edited:
If that turns out to be actual, then the seats are going to be a very limited use option. My kid is 8 already and still just short of 60lbs. In FL I'm still bothered more that any kids in those jump seats will fry under that big back window.
I have 8-year old twins just under 60 lbs as well. By the time I take delivery of Model S in Q3 2012 they will be 9 and at or above 60 lbs.