Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Chrome "TESLA" text painted - and car named...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"pin striping guy paint the raised text Blue to match the body color"

I think they just handpaint with a fine brush -- the letters are flat on top so as long as you take it slow you don't need to tape anything off. Since my car was black I just used black Medium oil-based Sharpie paint pens -- they come in a lot of colors on Amazon, so maybe you can find something close enough (or just do black):

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_seeall_1?rh=k%3Asharpie+paint+pen+medium%2Ci%3Aarts-crafts&keywords=sharpie+paint+pen+medium&ie=UTF8&qid=1364048661

The only problem is people might think "Serenity" is a Tesla model since individual car naming is unusual. "I just saw a Tesla Serenity" :confused:

JRP3 -

Hahaha you're right - and even more so now - take a look. Got the White (larger) Serenity decal - here it is taped to the car with the backing still on:

IMG_0746.jpg
IMG_0747.jpg

Opinions everyone?

Aaron

Agree. The decal's a little too much and a touch tacky IMO, Aaron. But, tastes vary (I got a tacky-in-someone's-opinion CF vinyl wrap for my nose cone) :)
Don't I know it. I'm no wallflower when it comes to controversy and eXtreming my car and this week will be posting pictures of the unveil including a small TESLA badging initiative! :cool:

For a while now, I've been thinking about getting the embossed "TESLA" text on the rear chrome bar painted so it stands out more... Kind of felt Tesla should have done it all along. So yesterday I finally took the plunge and had a pin striping guy paint the raised text Blue to match the body color.
I like it and like the placement! Nice choice of a 'name', of course a departure from the genre of my car's name. But then again, I'm a departure, in an of itself! :scared:

Got the White (larger) Serenity decal - here it is taped to the car with the backing still on:
I 'vote' for the original picture post and not this latter, but then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! :redface:

Looks great! Except for the NY plate.
What about a vanity plate? :confused:

Well, you inspired me. Just so happens I received some oil-based Sharpie paint pens today from Amazon. Since my car was black, I went ahead and blacked out the letters. Looks great!
Love it! Also love the personalized plate!

The painted TESLA text looks cool! I am contemplating getting that chrome bar wrapped in a different color along with wrapping the emblems, but maybe I'll just do something similar to what you did. I wonder how the paint stand up to wear though...