Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rated range on your car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like 5.9 changed the Ideal Range algorithm too - I never saw >300 mi on the earlier firmware.
This is my P85+ w 9,000 mi at 7 months - Rated, then Ideal Miles.
On 5.8 (about 2 months ago) I saw 264/300 after max charge.

IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3027.JPG

Last edited:
I think it takes in account how heavy is your foot, if you average 300 to 320 wh/mi the I think will give you about the 265 miles rated, however if you have a heavy foot then I think the rated range take that in account.

If you have an average of 400wh/mi then probably the rated range will be much lower on a full charge.

Most people don't reset the B odometer, if you didn't reset it, can you share what is your wh/mi average, may be that is the reason you are getting 236 rated instead 265 on a on a full charge.

I think it takes in account how heavy is your foot, if you average 300 to 320 wh/mi the I think will give you about the 265 miles rated, however if you have a heavy foot then I think the rated range take that in account.

If you have an average of 400wh/mi then probably the rated range will be much lower on a full charge.

Most people don't reset the B odometer, if you didn't reset it, can you share what is your wh/mi average, may be that is the reason you are getting 236 rated instead 265 on a on a full charge.

My lifetime Wh/mi over 17k miles (12 months) is 322 Wh/mi. My rated range at 100% is 250. Looking above, there is someone with 361 Wh/mi showing 263 rated at 100%. I don't think it's taking my driving patterns into account (my last 2k miles is at 318 Wh/mi).