Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I have made the typo 'Telsa' many times, myself. But I usually end up catching it before anyone else sees it :smile:

I think there are just too many characters on the left hand side of the QWERTY keyboard in that name. The sole right hand letter wants to jump ahead.

Is it just me? The hardtop doesn't really look good when it is the same color as the rest of the car. I prefer the contrast of the dark softtop to the various colors.

I haven't seen it in person yet but it looks great to me in pictures.
I feel kind of a "mean aura" around the car when it has a hardtop.

Personal taste, cultural background etc :)

Yes, I have made the typo 'Telsa' many times, myself. But I usually end up catching it before anyone else sees it :smile:

I think there are just too many characters on the left hand side of the QWERTY keyboard in that name. The sole right hand letter wants to jump ahead.
Yeah, I was gonna mention that it's the same mechanism of typo that produced teh. Maybe someday it will become an internet meme for adding emphasis like teh or TFSU.... lets hope not.

Last edited:
Slightly OT, but given the recent chat about matte black and exposed carbon fibre...

Naked carbon-fiber Lotus Elise roaming Hong Kong

jimmywongcflotuselise---opt.jpg

My First Roadster Sighting in the Wild

In a city where I see all sorts of exotic cars regularly, I wondered how long it would take to spot my first Tesla Roadster at random. Finally, this morning, on my walk to work, a little, black Roadster passed by on Little Santa Monica Blvd. That's my first. I didn't recognize the driver, a man in late middle age, wearing a sport jacket and no tie.

And I was encouraged to see another electric car, some kind of NEV, a few cars behind the Roadster.

VP21 parked on Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC‎ (Cleveland Park area):

3260610430_4b31c0dee2.jpg3260610436_68384f5b5c.jpg
3260610440_025d5a36b0.jpg3260610446_e31cc346a7.jpg

I really love this last photo. DC is my home town, and the best movie theater was always The Uptown (one of the last great theaters... a single huge screen, as opposed to a bunch of tiny screens once multiplexes became popular). Consequentially, I spent a lot of time around there as a kid. This area is right next to the Cleveland Park Metro station and walking distance to the National Zoo.

Anyhow, seeing the Roadster in this context oddly makes it seem more real and yet simultaneously surreal. Connecting my former East Coast life with my current existence on the West Coast. For me the Roadster is definitely a California icon, so it's strange to see it in my old stomping grounds.