Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this Thunder Gray Roadster Sport in Torrance

Attachments

• photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 183
I just got my Green Machine back from its second annual service yesterday. As Mark from Newport Beach store was getting it out of the truck a guy drove up, really excited. He'd seen the truck on the freeway and tried to follow it, but lost it in the maze of little roads where I live; then he drove around in circles for a while until he spotted it. Turns out he's a movie producer, and he wants a roadster for a cameo in a movie he's about to film here in San Diego! He hadn't seen one "in the flesh" yet.

I just got my Green Machine back from its second annual service yesterday. As Mark from Newport Beach store was getting it out of the truck a guy drove up, really excited. He'd seen the truck on the freeway and tried to follow it, but lost it in the maze of little roads where I live; then he drove around in circles for a while until he spotted it. Turns out he's a movie producer, and he wants a roadster for a cameo in a movie he's about to film here in San Diego! He hadn't seen one "in the flesh" yet.

I got to see your Green Machine up close and personal while my Stealth Fighter (ok I don't have a good nickname yet) was getting some new wheels (old ones are up for sale).

IMG_0584.JPG
IMG_0583.JPG

The going rate for a picture car on a feature or commerical shoots is 1,200 to 1,500 a day for exotics like the Roadster. Some owners also insist on an employee to do nothing but watch out for the car for them. A common practice with shoots in private homes.

Really wish California would come up with another solution for those HOV stickers, though.

I know I'll get stopped at least once in July (no, officer, that's not just a faded yellow sticker in the rear window...), but I've never had anything stuck to the paint of any car I've owned, and I'm not starting now.

Today, I became another random sighting as, at a stop light, I could see the guy behind me fiddling with his iPad to take a picture. Kinda funny the hand contortions you have to do to do that.

Saw a pre-2.5 BRG Roadster with the vanity plate "PV EV" near the W hotel in SF last night. Looked pretty sweet parked out front in the choice valet spot. Really wish California would come up with another solution for those HOV stickers, though.

Yeah, that one gets around. It has been noticed and mentioned on the forums before.
attachment.php?attachmentid=536&stc=1&d=1263088570.jpg