Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we're keeping it silly...

test pole:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 111
If Eds didn't even mention the seats why does that rise to the level of 'year of Eds'?

Eds, of course, is larger than life. :)

But seriously, the reason I involve Eds in the seat speculation that I understood it was quite notably - and by quite notables - speculated on TMC which subcontractor was in Newark, CA where Eds originally claimed to be based. Seats were thus at least involved in our speculation here.

Eds may be a troll or may have been talking brake lines for all I know, of course.

If Eds didn't even mention the seats why does that rise to the level of 'year of Eds'?

I guess what I don't get is that while the guy asked that his posts be removed (probably because his job was in jeopardy for his childish posting - and that it was, he wasn't just factual, he was clearly on a vendetta), why people keep quoting him and inevitably, ensuring negative consequences for the guy.

I'm not saying 'kill the information', I'm suggesting that continually bringing up his name doesn't help anyone & probably is hurting one person.

Eds, of course, is larger than life. :)

But seriously, the reason I involve Eds in the seat speculation that I understood it was quite notably - and by quite notables - speculated on TMC which subcontractor was in Newark, CA where Eds originally claimed to be based. Seats were thus at least involved in our speculation here.

Eds may be a troll or may have been talking brake lines for all I know, of course.

So stop brining him up. Bonnie is right. If he hasn't already lost his job over this I don't think the one person on the Internet (you) who keeps mentioning his name even when it's not related is helping.

I guess what I don't get is that while the guy asked that his posts be removed (probably because his job was in jeopardy for his childish posting - and that it was, he wasn't just factual, he was clearly on a vendetta), why people keep quoting him and inevitably, ensuring negative consequences for the guy.

I'm not saying 'kill the information', I'm suggesting that continually bringing up his name doesn't help anyone & probably is hurting one person.

It was never clarified if it was the Eds or Tesla that requested removal of the information, both were mentioned as reasons at one time - and the moderator(s) never clarified what happened there. I agree it is certainly possible Eds faced consequences and asked for the information to be removed. I don't necessarily agree re-hashing of now in-public data would somehow add to his/her concerns, though.

As for "helping anyone", I think my post above is indeed intended to help the Tesla user/buyer community - not hurt anyone. Pseudonym Eds is a potential data point and fairly unique at that. It is hard to replace that information with something else, because no other such potential insight into Tesla's subcontractor network exists in public.

Analysis: Evolution of Model X second row 2012 - 2015

So basically any anonymous person who posts 'insider' information must be considered and constantly brought up.

It's easy to replace that information. Don't bring up his name so much and since he didn't even talk about seats in his posts don't bring it up here. It simply isn't relevant. If this is a speculation and circular analysis thread then maybe but I thought this was meant to show the evolution of the seat design as shown by Tesla in public. Not rumors.

Last edited:
So stop brining him up. Bonnie is right. If he hasn't already lost his job over this I don't think the one person on the Internet (you) who keeps mentioning his name even when it's not related is helping.

Fair enough, however just to be clear: 1) I don't know "Eds" name nor would I ever post any personal identifying characteristics. Even his/her potential job connection to Newark, CA was not noted or publicized by myself originally. 2) Like I said, Eds was speculated to be involved or knowledgeable of the seat contractor for Tesla, hence the relevance in this post. I admit the connection is speculative, as is the post in that part.

It was my thinking that the folding of the second row was such an important topic for many Model X buyers that it warranted exploration of all possible data points we have. As you can see, my post touched on much more than just that one alleged leakster.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically any anonymous person who posts 'insider' information must be considered and constantly brought up.

It's easy to replace that information. Don't bring up his name so much and since he didn't even talk about seats in his posts don't bring it up here. It simply isn't relevant. If this is a speculation and circular analysis thread then maybe but I thought this was meant to show the evolution of the seat design as show mm by Tesla in public. Not rumors.

Sure, I consider any anonymous person who posts alleged information - just like I consider the opinions of many anonymous people. I don't trust all of them, nor do I continue tracking all of them. I have kept bringing up only those whom I feel have contributed something that suggests actual knowledge. The September 2014 leakster, for example, had the CAD that Tesla pulled. Some of Eds' posts were also allegedly pulled by Tesla and his/her views predated Elon's latest GM/CC commentary that supported at least some of what Eds had claimed. These were enough to put him/her in the "at least possible" category for me.

Analysis: Evolution of Model X second row 2012 - 2015

But he didn't even talk about seats. Why not mention him as the reason Tesla jumped from 21 to 22" rims? Maybe his company caused a shortage of 21" rims forcing Tesla to scramble for another supplier. That is my analysis on his information

But he didn't even talk about seats. Why not mention him as the reason Tesla jumped from 21 to 22" rims? Maybe his company caused a shortage of 21" rims forcing Tesla to scramble for another supplier. That is my analysis on his information

I made that clear in my post. Also, he/she didn't specify any specific delay reasons beyond the briefly mentioned falcon wing change. Rest he/she chose not to reveal, plausibly not to identify his/her source, though others might suggest it is because he/she knew nothing. That is possible too. The relevance to seats was suggested by myself because members here felt they had identified the supplier based on location - as Tesla's seat contractor. This, together with e.g. Elon's GM/CC comments on the critical path items, suggested potential relevance.

It is my understanding several people on TMC do believe Eds did come from a Tesla supplier or was close to one. Why else the worry about his/her job anyway?

He may have come from a supplier. Who knows. Either way it has nothing to do with the design evolution of the seats. If you can't tell simply throwing him into an unrelated thread as you like to do has gotten things off track. If your intention was to talk about the seats it's not working.

He may have come from a supplier. Who knows. Either way it has nothing to do with the design evolution of the seats. If you can't tell simply throwing him into an unrelated thread as you like to do has gotten things off track. If your intention was to talk about the seats it's not working.

Perhaps, however I would suggest there may be more than just Eds to that. :) I am a controversial poster for some and there things derail more easily than perhaps they otherwise would. The reasons for that controversy are of course varied and, in my humble opinion, not entirely my own fault. ;)

Anyway, Eds felt pertinent to my analysis and was thus included - not as a joke or not lightly. I understand you disagree, I guess I don't have much more to add to that side of things that hasn't already been said.

In this thread: Mods all in cover up mode about the Truth of Eds and Exterior Wood Panelling. The seats are a smokescreen for the real community outrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.