Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Ran off the road while trying to find the horn. Aftermarket horn button options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not the answer you're looking for but it's what I would do. Add a foot switch of some kind to activate another horn that you install yourself.

Not necessarily this, but something like it:

Or wire in your own pressure pad switch DIY and stick it on the yoke. It might look like ass and will leave a 0.05oz mark on your face when the airbag goes off but it would work.

Seriously, the foot switch. Try it.

Amazon $20 horn kit . come with two horns, relay wire and toggle button.
Screenshot_20230421_160341_Gallery.jpg

I'm fine with the yoke, I am absolutely done with the touch horn button. I was ran off the road at 45mph by someone merging into me, entire time desperately trying to swerve to avoid them while hunting for the horn.

I made a service request and the response was basically that they can't add the airbag style horn to my 2021 S.

Are there aftermarket solutions?
I was too run off the road from someone merging into me, and I never found the horn in time either. Luckily no one was in the other lane that I had to start my bail into to my escape. I'm ravenous to find a solution.

The same muscle memory that draws you to the center horn response can be used to draw you to the yoke. A raised decal added to the spot like a stick-on Velcro (soft loop) or rubber disc will draw your thumb faster than your hand.