Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about PA (Devon) delivery & inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello and thanks for reading! Has anyone had a delivery recently in Devon PA? Are they still not inspecting the cars? And are plates coming in the mail?

Assuming they are not inspecting, does anyone have anyone in that area they like for an initial inspection? Kills me that we can't be like DE and get an automatic 5 (now 7 I believe) year inspection sticker.

Thanks!

Last new car i bought in Philly a few years ago at Ford, had an inspection sticker that lasted a few years. I look to order a Model 3 in a month or 2, and i'll be picking up at Devon. I didn't hear about them not inspecting cars out of there, that sounds ridiculous to me.

hey, I got my car from Devon on 8/25 - it had a PA license plate and a temporary registration on it. I just got in the mail on 9/7 my PA Registration, and I now have 10 days to find a place to inspect it. Hoping to get that done tomorrow, but it's certainly a frustrating aspect of buying a Tesla in PA.

Hello and thanks for reading! Has anyone had a delivery recently in Devon PA? Are they still not inspecting the cars? And are plates coming in the mail?

Assuming they are not inspecting, does anyone have anyone in that area they like for an initial inspection? Kills me that we can't be like DE and get an automatic 5 (now 7 I believe) year inspection sticker.

Thanks!
I picked up my 3 at Devon. You get a plate but no inspection. My understanding is for them to be licensed to do PA inspections they would need to inspect all types of cars and not just electric. That means they need to buy all the emissions testing equipment and I wouldn’t want to do that either. I’m just taking it to a local place for a safety. There is a place in Hellertown close to me that knows how to work on Teslas that I am going to.