Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchased Used P85, Not Free Supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So... here is what I finally got in a response from Tesla...

"Looking at your account, I see your vehicle is configured for Pay Per Use Supercharging. This appears to be correct as I find an auction sale in this vehicle's ownership history. As of 4/23/2019, all vehicle-specific Supercharging benefits are removed after Tesla has sold a vehicle to an auction. I do apologize for this confusion."
So- even though the TX dealer I bought it from assured me that it had free supercharging ( because it did)- they sold it to me and once I registered it with Tesla- Tesla is only now taking away my FUSC- because they sold it at an auction 5 months earlier than when I bought it. I am still pursuing with the dealer in TX- who sells many Tesla's and has claimed this far that the car should definitely have free supercharging. I asked them to further research on their end and work to a resolution.....I will keep you posted (again)...

Unfortunately, this is correct information regarding the new Tesla policy... see this thread for details.

No more free unlimited supercharging for some used Tesla vehicles

https://electrek.co/2019/07/22/tesla-removes-free-unlimited-supercharging-used-cars/

I bought my 2016 70D at a ‘Prestige Car Auction’ in May this year and it retains the free supercharging. It wasn’t sold by Tesla but on behalf of the previous owner. So it appears that if a car goes back into ownership of Tesla they apply the same pay as you go rules when selling it on as with a new car. A case of buyer beware and doing your homework. Maybe ring Tesla with the VIN to check before buying a second hand pre-17.

But yes, I supercharge a fair bit and feel for the guys here that have lost out on the free charging. Takes some of the levity away from long distance trips...

Reactions: BBCA
On the trip from Florida, while supercharging, it would show a cost, then when unplugging it would revert to $0.00. At this time, the car was not fully transferred into my name. Now that it is, I can see online showing pay per use. It acts similarly, but it’s deducting kWh from the 400 annual allotment.
Did you ever get this issue resolved to your favor?

On the trip from Florida, while supercharging, it would show a cost, then when unplugging it would revert to $0.00. At this time, the car was not fully transferred into my name. Now that it is, I can see online showing pay per use. It acts similarly, but it’s deducting kWh from the 400 annual allotment.
I got exactly the same issue with my 2014 model S. Did you ever get this issue resolved to your favor? If so, how?

I just sold my P85D and used the app to transfer ownership. I screen shotted the SC01 option code first as proof that I had free life time transferrable supercharging. Within a minute it showed up in the new owners app. He then went to his account page in a browser and we confirmed the SC01 option is there in the product image URL.

Did you see this and then it reverted later on to something else?

Reactions: Rocky_H